Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/29/2024 12:15:52 AM EDT
Looks like I’m going to have to come through there pulling a horse trailer/a horse.

Any and all big city traffic is terrible but is there a “better” time to roll through Sacramento on I-5 than others?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Mostly just typical commuter times 6:30-9:30 or so in the mornings and 3:00-6:30 in the afternoon/evenings. Northbound into downtown is busier in the AM, Southbound in the PM. Fridays are probably the worst overall.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
Mostly just typical commuter times 6:30-9:30 or so in the mornings and 3:00-6:30 in the afternoon/evenings. Northbound into downtown is busier in the AM, Southbound in the PM. Fridays are probably the worst overall.
View Quote

Thank you. Any construction going on that will add delays on I-5?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that I’m aware of, I’m mostly on 99 vs I5 though. Maybe check Caltrans to see if there is? If so, they tend to do that kind of thing late at night and wrap up around 5-6 AM.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Down here in the southern area, any of the rainstorms make things much worse, besides just the added congestion, visibility problems, etc., we've been having ongoing problems with road surface conditions with lots of pothole problems, flooding with poor drainage spots, so besides the nightly "construction" areas, emergency roadwork plays havoc with lane closures for repairs.  Or they just aren't keeping up with the damage and the roads are flat out dangerous in some areas.  I don't know that Sacramento would be any better?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Drainage etc is pretty good on the major routes, 99 and I5. But yeah, once some water starts hitting the roads most people get scared or something and drive like crap on any roadway here. There is a storm rolling in today and through most of this weekend so weather could be a slight slowdown for you if traveling then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top