Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2023 12:11:25 PM EDT
I've been working on cleaning up the armory, but the pile of goodies I've like to move on to new owners is ... substantial.  The thought of messaging hundreds of people back and forth is less than appealing, let alone dealing with packing and shipping.  A lot of this stuff I'd move down the road for near gift prices, just for the peace of mind, assuming all hassle was removed from the process.  

That said, I have a place in mind which might be an amazing host location for a swap meet.  It would be indoors, could hold probably 40-50 people, room for tables to be setup, plenty of parking, etc.  Outside is plenty of shooting locations, shotgun rifle and pistol.  

The owner of this location is my neighbor, but before I inquire about availability, wanted to post here and see if there's interest.  If you want to sell, there will be room for you to setup ... or come as a buyer.  Location would be West of St Louis near Grubville.  

Feeler thread, who might be interested?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:
That's a really good idea. I hope you get some takers.
View Quote

I think so too.  Didn't you host in your backyard over by Union years ago?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested, that's a cool idea.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be up for that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm close enough to be interested. Find a date we aren't busy and I'll bring my sons too. They're looking to get themselves outfitted since all I've provided is a basic setup.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Further investigation - the primo spot won't have "free" indoors, but covered outdoors.  That rules it out for winter, but could do during warm weather.  I do have another possible im looking at, indoor with decent parking, no on-site shooting, located in North central Jeff Co.  

If this indoor spot pans out I might be looking at late Jan for a date.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Interested and I know plenty of folks that would probably come.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Also interested if this happens, have a pile of stuff I am looking to sell and would love to avoid the post office fees.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in KC, and would amble over there as long as I don't have to hear any nonsense about St. Louis style bbq.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EndlessSteven:
I'm in KC, and would amble over there as long as I don't have to hear any nonsense about St. Louis style bbq.
View Quote

Are you open to a side trip for some Imo's pizza?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Good news - we have a spot!  Persimmon Ridge winery outside of House Springs.  Owner is a friend and a 2A enthusiast, he's very excited to have everyone see his business, and to provide indoor space for free.  There is even location on site that we can shoot.  

I was thinking right about now is when I wanted to have the meet, so I'm a bit behind schedule.  Probably looking at mid February at this point.  Buy some wine while you're there and we may be able to do these every 4 months or so!
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't have any thing to sell but sounds like a good get together,
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]
In!
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Vapor_Man:
Good news - we have a spot!  Persimmon Ridge winery outside of House Springs.  Owner is a friend and a 2A enthusiast, he's very excited to have everyone see his business, and to provide indoor space for free.  There is even location on site that we can shoot.  
View Quote

Will we need to provide our own tables and chairs?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:

Will we need to provide our own tables and chairs?
View Quote

I know he has a lot of tables and chairs.  We'll get details sorted soon
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Might be helpful if we could figure out a way to broadcast ahead of time what we have and what we seek.  I know I have more stuff that I would ever drag out and there’s some odd ball stuff I’m interested in that most people would never think to bring.  With forum rules regarding sale posts outside the EE that might be difficult. Perhaps a post for the swap meet in the WTT page of the EE that everyone can post in?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Procat:
Might be helpful if we could figure out a way to broadcast ahead of time what we have and what we seek.  I know I have more stuff that I would ever drag out and there’s some odd ball stuff I’m interested in that most people would never think to bring.  With forum rules regarding sale posts outside the EE that might be difficult. Perhaps a post for the swap meet in the WTT page of the EE that everyone can post in?
View Quote

Why couldn't folks just comment in this thread and mention what they plan to bring without mentioning prices?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#24]
@Vapor_Man is there a date/time set for this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:
@Vapor_Man is there a date/time set for this?
View Quote

How would March 24th work?  And how would those wanting to sell feel about $40 for a table?  I thought it might be free, but the winery owner needs a few bucks for what they're wanting to setup for us.  We'd have our own roughly 25'x40' space to setup tables, and right next to that is seating area for wives or anyone who wants to chill and drink some wine.

Maybe I'll setup a donation bucket too.  Keep the owner happy and we can do these often.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:55:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#26]

How would March 24th work? . . .
View Quote

That's a Sunday? . . . Hmm, I'm scheduled to set up at a gun show in Jeff City on Friday and Saturday. Not sure I can handle three straight days of tire kickers.

Have fun y'all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#27]

That's a Sunday? . . . Hmm, I'm scheduled to set up at a gun show in Jeff City on Friday and Saturday. Not sure I can handle three straight days of tire kickers.

Have fun y'all.
View Quote

Could also do the 23rd, or push it back to early April.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

The 23rd is worse for me. But don’t let my schedule rule. If I can’t make, so be it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]

The 23rd is worse for me. But don’t let my schedule rule. If I can’t make, so be it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Alright, well we're penciled in for the 24th.  I'm going out this weekend to talk with the winery owner more.  I'm mainly curious peoples thoughts on paying for a table, would you be ok with that?  I'll be cross posting other places, but turnout is a total guess at this point, I just don't want anyone disappointed if they pay $40 and it's a dud.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there any interest?  Post here or PM me if you're thinking you might want a table
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#31]
March 24th?  I can’t commit to all day to necessitate a table but I will try to at least make an appearance.  As stated before I have some folks that aren’t members of the site who would probably show up if that’s cool.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't got anything to sell, but I will try to be there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like interest in having this just isn't there.  I'm going to cancel our March 24th date, but we can always reschedule.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:

Are you open to a side trip for some Imo's pizza?
View Quote

I LOVE that stuff. It's so good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#35]
FWIW, I appreciate the OP's effort to try to pull this off. I still think it's a great idea and I would try to participate if I could. Had I not paid for a table at a local gun show the two days prior to his initially scheduled date, I would have been likely been there.

I, for one, encourage @Vapor_Man to try again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

$40 for a table to attend a very small get together kills the idea altogether.  That might work if food and drinks are included.  Maybe.

View Quote

The $40 fee wouldn't be enough to keep me from attending, assuming it looked like there was going to be a good turnout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top