Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2020 5:17:46 PM EDT
Wonder if people will take it serious or just business as usual.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid dumb shit is what it is. All over 100 boomers getting sick. Selfish bastards, always getting their way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Still working here.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Got our road access letters today.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh. Hard to take seriously when they say you can be outside to walk your dog, or enjoy the outdoor while maintaining the 6ft distance still.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Limit non essential driving was the key phrase for me. This is nothing more than politely asking. I will continue to do what I do. Feel sorry for the folks that lose their jobs over this. Glad I'm not the Governor, no win for him, did this too early, too late, at all.

Fing ridiculous
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid dumb shit is what it is. All over 100 boomers getting sick. Selfish bastards, always getting their way.
View Quote

It's funny to call people who could potentially die the Selfish ones, I guess if it's your Mother or Father or Grandparents who die the story may be different, but hey at least you're not the selfish one.

I don't know what the right call is, but I do know we can make more money, but we can't bring people back from the dead. I'm not in the age group hardest hit, but I do have family that I care about in that age group, so if this costs me a bit of money I'm ok with that.

I'm not jumping your ass, just been a long day of people in my own family not taking this seriously. I'm getting tired of being called a chicken little by the ones I'm trying to keep safe, all the while they keep going out with friends and having BBQ's with friends. The wife and I've locked ourselves away for the past two weeks, and then get visited by family today, and boom everything they've done is now passed onto us. So all the work we've done is tossed out the window.

How hard is it to relax for a couple weeks? We're supposed to be the group that plans for hardship by saving money and food, so we're all ready for this right? My wife and I have saved money and food for years, so this has been basically a forced vacation. One that I'd rather not take, but if it keeps some folks safe I'm ok with it, but I'm not ok with giving up constitutional rights. We all have a line in the sand, and mine hasn't been hit yet, but if yours has then don't follow the directive. I would never judge another person for the choices they make as long as it doesn't affect others.

Stay safe all.

God Speed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's funny to call people who could potentially die the Selfish ones, I guess if it's your Mother or Father or Grandparents who die the story may be different, but hey at least you're not the selfish one.

I don't know what the right call is, but I do know we can make more money, but we can't bring people back from the dead. I'm not in the age group hardest hit, but I do have family that I care about in that age group, so if this costs me a bit of money I'm ok with that.

I'm not jumping your ass, just been a long day of people in my own family not taking this seriously. I'm getting tired of being called a chicken little by the ones I'm trying to keep safe, all the while they keep going out with friends and having BBQ's with friends. The wife and I've locked ourselves away for the past two weeks, and then get visited by family today, and boom everything they've done is now passed onto us. So all the work we've done is tossed out the window.

How hard is it to relax for a couple weeks? We're supposed to be the group that plans for hardship by saving money and food, so we're all ready for this right? My wife and I have saved money and food for years, so this has been basically a forced vacation. One that I'd rather not take, but if it keeps some folks safe I'm ok with it, but I'm not ok with giving up constitutional rights. We all have a line in the sand, and mine hasn't been hit yet, but if yours has then don't follow the directive. I would never judge another person for the choices they make as long as it doesn't affect others.

Stay safe all.

God Speed.
View Quote

Looking back, I think I put that a bit bluntly. I channeled a discussion I had with someone who felt that way. I saw their point.

Anyways...
We can all potentially die. However, the harm to the living is going to last for months if not years. Money doesn’t grow on trees. Sure, people will make money again, but many will not. This is already ruining lives because our government and authorities are just throwing whatever at the wall to see what sticks. It’s easy to talk when you have been given the time to get your priorities in check. Many haven’t because the last thing anyone expected was a pandemic and not being able to buy toilet paper for Pete’s sake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top