Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2020 3:01:08 PM EDT
I've used SGAmmo for many years as a reliable ammunition source. Tried ordering from their website a few days ago only to find out they no longer do business with Maine. I contacted them and was told by the owner he's fed up with Maine trying to collect retroactive sales tax and he's done with the state. Thank you very much jerk-o$$s in Augusta......
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Sga has always been my go to.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Dammit. I used them a lot. Guess I'm down to Bone Frog when they have stuff.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow. One thing after another. This is why I'm going to Florida.

Fuck Maine.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
That sucks! Good going Augusta !
Maine and it’s obsession with taxes...
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Goddamnit!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#7]
This is going to be a bigger issue in years to come. I looked into an online storefront for a different industry and the forthcoming crack down on internet sales tax was the biggest deterrent. In a few years all of the small online retailers will be gone. New laws REQUIRE online retailers to collect sales tax on drop shipped products from outside of the state.This is a law that applies to ALL sales tax states ( I think there is currently 43)  not just Maine. It basically states that if the retailer does not collect the tax from you, they become liable to pay it. Its a big deal and if they start enforcing it only the big companies will survive. The forms have to be filled out and filed with the state every 30 days. along with a check for the sales tax collected on any purchases. Imagine doing that for 40+ states.... every month....
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is the same government that thinks they can dictate what a small business pays its employees. This same government can also decide how long to shut you down or decide what percentage of your business may be open. Idiots for sure. We are getting the government we deserve. The same people bitching about this vote Democrat. I honestly have given up trying to explain to these morons
View Quote

Exactly. I have given up as well. Saw the writing on the wall a few years ago and sold my small business, went back to work for someone else. Way less stress. People think everything just "happens" by itself. They wonder why prices keep skyrocketing on everything. All of the taxes and regulations are killing us slowly. In order to collect online tax, you have to hire someone to do all the paperwork and submit forms/ track info etc. Even a part timer these days at minimum wage thats 25-30 grand/year with payroll taxes . Working at a 30-ish % profit margin you have to do another 75-100k a year in sales, just to make enough profit to pay someone to process that paperwork. I guess they just figure you can pull that extra business out of your ass. It just drives the cost of everything higher and higher. And the only wages increasing with it are the minimum wage jobs that are supposed to be used as a stepping stone, not a career. McDonalds cashier was never meant to be a position that could support a family. Want to make a better living? Get a better education and some motivation to succeed.Minimum wage jobs are for students and people with free time looking to make a couple extra bucks. Rant over....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top