Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2022 7:14:37 AM EDT
I guess Portman can't read the Bill of Right's 2nd A.

"...shall not be infringed." must draw a blank in his head.

Altho formal vote not yet taken in the U.S. Senate, here's the 14 RINOs siding with Dems on the D's "gun safety bill"

Vote is still open but there are 14 GOP ayes on bipartisan gun safety bill:

Blunt
Burr
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Ernst
Graham
McConnell
Murkowski
Portman
Romney
Tillis
Young

— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) June 22, 2022

H/T:
Story

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel safer already...  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
But, but ,but he is a hero to conservatives  everywhere!

I wrote a letter to the State GOP telling them they could count me out if the party if he went through with it.

I am holding to that. Already  decided not to vote for Dewine or Vance as they are trash as well.

Until we start cutting the $ off and not voting for them thry will keep selling us down the river.

Flame away if you want. I'm  not voting for people who will sell us out slower than the guys who will sell us out fast. We need to break this cycle. The GOP is doing this because  they know they have your vote  because  they aren't  Democrats. But they really are. They just call it by a different  name.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
But muh Red Wave...
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So what’s in this terrible Senate gun deal? I’m sorry to report that it will:

Bribe states with tax dollars to impose Red Flag Gun Confiscation laws;¹
Broaden the definition of who is a gun seller — thus increasing the number of FFLs — which becomes a backdoor way to impose Universal Background Registration Checks for almost every gun buyer;²
Impose federally-mandated waiting periods on certain adults before they can purchase rifles;
Disarm other law-abiding adults for non-violent misdemeanors; and more.
View Quote

GOA - Senate Shenanigans

Actual Senate "Discussion Draft"

...and I'm SURE that both Portman and Brown every word of its 80 pages...

Q: "How does an 80 page "bill" get generated, drafted, and written in a few days, other than being "on-the-shelf" and ready to be used at a moment's notice?"

A: "I know EXACTLY where." I was born at night...but not last night....
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wrote a letter to the State GOP telling them they could count me out if the party if he went through with it.

I am holding to that. Already  decided not to vote for Dewine or Vance as they are trash as well.

Until we start cutting the $ off and not voting for them thry will keep selling us down the river.

Flame away if you want. I'm  not voting for people who will sell us out slower than the guys who will sell us out fast. We need to break this cycle. The GOP is doing this because  they know they have your vote  because  they aren't  Democrats. But they really are. They just call it by a different  name.

View Quote

X87
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hereby request that you send a similar letter to the State Democrat Apparatus.

They all need to feel the heat.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hereby request that you send a similar letter to the State Democrat Apparatus.

They all need to feel the heat.
View Quote

Who in the State Dem party?  Serious.

I just sent a message to Portmans office that would have a seasoned cartel enforcer tell me it was too much.  No threats, just what I hope he has to endure.  He will never see it and cares ZERO but it but if I can give a staff member PTSD I'll be happy.

BuT We NeEd To VoTe ParTy LiNe "r".  Professional Republicans are trash. Not voting Dewine or Vance. Letting them both know that it was Portman that lost their vote.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#8]
If Portman wasn't retiring, he'd still be a better candidate than Ryan.

If you don't vote, you're still part of the problem.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Of the things I'm getting worked up about this week, this one does not move into the top 30.  I've read the bill.  If  congress said, lets design a law that we call gun control, that does essentially nothing of substance to bother anyone, this was it.  

Juvenile violent crime entered into NICS, maybe, some waiting period to check juvenile records that no one is entering into Nics, and some mental health.  The rest being up to the states and heres some money.

There, we did something.  It's not going to impact your life, my life or pretty much anyone I know in any meaningful way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Of the things I'm getting worked up about this week, this one does not move into the top 30.  I've read the bill.  If  congress said, lets design a law that we call gun control, that does essentially nothing of substance to bother anyone, this was it.  

Juvenile violent crime entered into NICS, maybe, some waiting period to check juvenile records that no one is entering into Nics, and some mental health.  The rest being up to the states and heres some money.

There, we did something.  It's not going to impact your life, my life or pretty much anyone I know in any meaningful way.

Can they not expand on who they determine to be an FFL, and will Strawman purchases be extended to cover gifts?
It's always those on the Right that have to give up ground.

Also, the response I received from Portman..
Dear Geezah,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. The Safer Communities Act takes common-sense steps to improve access to mental health, protect America’s children, improve school safety, and reduce the threat of gun violence across our country while protecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners. The bill will provide additional resources to make our schools and communities safer and address mental health issues that are the root cause of many of the shootings in our country.

As a gun owner, I firmly believe in the right to bear arms for defense of self, family and property – and remain committed to protecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners. This legislation will not create new restrictions, bans, waiting periods, or mandates for law-abiding gun owners. This legislation will only impact violent criminals and those who with their full due-process rights are adjudicated as mentally ill.

This legislation includes an investment in children and family mental health services, funding for school-based mental health and supportive services, funding for school safety resources, telehealth investments, penalties for straw purchasing, protections for victims of domestic violence, clarification of the definition of federally licensed firearms dealers, support for state crisis intervention programs, and an enhanced but not expanded review process for individuals under the age of 21.

This legislation will help to create safer schools and communities in our country. I am proud to have worked across the aisle to protect our constitutional rights while addressing mental health issues and school safety which are at the root of many shootings in our country. For more information please visit www.portman.senate.gov

Sincerely,

Rob Portman
U.S. Senator
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Like I told my brother yesterday, three only part of this I'm "concerned" about is the part about encouraging red flag laws.

While I expect there's states where that's going to be an issue, I'm not particularly worried about it here. I trust the Ohio legislature to hold the line on that nonsense.

I DO expect DeWine to support a red flag law after he wins reelection. I think most of his charitable feelings toward gun laws will end with the election.

He's free to prove me wrong on that, though.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top