Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/7/2019 12:25:57 PM EDT
Anyone know of a spot? Anyone want to try to get something together for locals? Maybe make it a monthly get together?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
tag and following.  I need to get out more at night.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be interested if someone has NODS for me

Only place I know who did these types of shoots is New Holland but I dunno if they still have them and if they would do a non member shoot.
http://www.nhrpc.org/event-810438
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Not easy finding a spot to shoot at night.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only place I know who did these types of shoots is New Holland but I dunno if they still have them and if they would do a non member shoot.
View Quote
I'm a member there and I tried to get ahold of the guys who used to run it to no avail.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a member there and I tried to get ahold of the guys who used to run it to no avail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s too bad. Why not try to organize those shoots again yourself then? I guess you will need consent from the council?

Also, get me in plz. I’ve been on the wait list for 3.5yrs and the new lottery doesn’t work for me as I have no time to goto events
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s too bad. Why not try to organize those shoots again yourself then? I guess you will need consent from the council?

Also, get me in plz. I’ve been on the wait list for 3.5yrs and the new lottery doesn’t work for me as I have no time to goto events
View Quote
I'm thinking about it. Time is part of the problem. I'm also talking to guys at one other local club where it might be a possibility. The problem is, all of this will have to be in the fall/winter/early spring because it gets dark earlier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
If you guys put something together let me know.  Delaware is dead as well and SE PA is close enough to join in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in the wrong corner of the state, but my range allows shooting until 11.

The ir from the security cameras can be a little annoying sometimes, but its better than not shooting at all.

Hitting 300 yard steel that you cant even see unaided is pretty cool.

If you're ever around Pittsburgh and want to shoot in the dark IM me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I work at a indoor range part time and we shoot using nods probably once a month. Its only 25 yards max but its still trigger pulling. My boss might be interested in hosting an event if theres enough interest.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I work at a indoor range part time and we shoot using nods probably once a month. Its only 25 yards max but its still trigger pulling. My boss might be interested in hosting an event if theres enough interest.
View Quote
@Mad_Max1611 what range?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@Mad_Max1611 what range?
View Quote
Morr range and training
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Count me in for some night time stuff.
Located in Philaburbia
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Morr range and training
View Quote
Lancaster. Nice.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like something is going to get spooled up at University Rifle Club out near Reading. But for now it is members only or you have to be a guest of a member.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like something is going to get spooled up at University Rifle Club out near Reading. But for now it is members only or you have to be a guest of a member.
View Quote
Think they will post up the event on there Facebook page or just a flyer at the clubhouse near the sign-in station?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Think they will post up the event on there Facebook page or just a flyer at the clubhouse near the sign-in station?
View Quote
@slbrugby I don't know. I was kind of the precipitating push in that happening. I've been talking to a few members who went and pitched the idea to the Board. I can try to get more information about that for sure. I'm going to end up joining as a member.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I know Guardian Training Center in Warminster has “night shoots” indoors. Not sure if they do NV but wouldn’t hurt to ask
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know Guardian Training Center in Warminster has “night shoots” indoors. Not sure if they do NV but wouldn’t hurt to ask
View Quote
Interested! Will look them up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@slbrugby I don't know. I was kind of the precipitating push in that happening. I've been talking to a few members who went and pitched the idea to the Board. I can try to get more information about that for sure. I'm going to end up joining as a member.
View Quote
Maybe I need to get to meetings more often.  I'm a member there and would love to see something like that happen!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:35:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Located in Philadelphia. Count me in for any NOD type shenanigans if we want to organize anything.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Located in Philadelphia. Count me in for any NOD type shenanigans if we want to organize anything.
View Quote
Samesies @A-Mariner
I'm in the NE suburbs, Jenkintown.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like University Rifle Club is hosting a night shoot for menbers only this Saturday.  Hopefully it's a sign of more things to come! I'm looking forward to it, especially since my binos arrived a week or two ago!
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like University Rifle Club is hosting a night shoot for menbers only this Saturday.  Hopefully it's a sign of more things to come! I'm looking forward to it, especially since my binos arrived a week or two ago!
View Quote
They are. I'll be joining as a member.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
It looks like members plus guests, fee is $10 for anyone who shoots (members or guests).

Combination of white lights plus night vision.  Will be suppressed shooting only after a certain time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It looks like members plus guests, fee is $10 for anyone who shoots (members or guests).

Combination of white lights plus night vision.  Will be suppressed shooting only after a certain time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure enough. I missed the guest line in the email!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I got home from the shoot a few moments ago.  I enjoyed it and look forward to (hopefully) several more in the next couple of months. A big thanks to the people who made it happen!

We had some univited guests who made their way theough the tree line. Attachment Attached File

Had a decent crowd show up. Only about a third having wizard eyes, but I expect that number to grow.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

New build ran well.
Attachment Attached File

I was worried that they would cancel due to weather, but they held it anyway (thankfully!). Weather wasn't bad during the shoot, although range conditions weren't perfect.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got home from the shoot a few moments ago.  I enjoyed it and look forward to (hopefully) several more in the next couple of months. A big thanks to the people who made it happen!

We had some univited guests who made their way theough the tree line. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191214_202425_jpg-1196260.JPG

Had a decent crowd show up. Only about a third having wizard eyes, but I expect that number to grow.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191214_182829_jpg-1196265.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191214_182403_jpg-1196263.JPG

New build ran well.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191214_195615_jpg-1196266.JPG

I was worried that they would cancel due to weather, but they held it anyway (thankfully!). Weather wasn't bad during the shoot, although range conditions weren't perfect.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191214_205942_jpg-1196267.JPG
View Quote
Your gas tube was lit during that last run lol

What a fun night. Glad there is somewhere to finally shoot at night which is close by.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#28]
awesome, nice photos.  Did you keep your nvg on most of the time with all of the white light being thrown around?  How many runs did you get in?

May try and convince one of you guys let me be your guest for the day on one of the next shoot
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
awesome, nice photos.  Did you keep your nvg on most of the time with all of the white light being thrown around?  How many runs did you get in?

May try and convince one of you guys let me be your guest for the day on one of the next shoot
View Quote
I'd say I had them on for a bit over half the time. Looked away from the brightest of lights, but they handled most things decently.  Moved through the course 3 or 4 times.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Samesies @A-Mariner
I'm in the NE suburbs, Jenkintown.
View Quote
Also in Jenkintown @bleaman225 Attachment Attached File

Langhorne Rod and Gun just had a night suppressor shoot. I was unable to attend, so I’m not sure if anyone had nods there. But was open to the public.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Also in Jenkintown @bleaman225 /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also in Jenkintown @bleaman225 /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
Does that mean we need to have a meet up for coffee or something!? @dhd1

Langhorne Rod and Gun just had a night suppressor shoot. I was unable to attend, so I’m not sure if anyone had nods there. But was open to the public.
Quoted:
Damn, I need to pay more attention to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Does that mean we need to have a meet up for coffee or something!? @dhd1
View Quote
Duh
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Bump to remind (or inform) people that University Rifle Club will be holding another night shoot on January 11th.  Shooting with flashlights is a worthwhile skill, but seeing in the dark is even better.  I want more people with night vision to spread this expensive sickness!

Picture from another event I attended recently:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bump to remind (or inform) people that University Rifle Club will be holding another night shoot on January 11th.  Shooting with flashlights is a worthwhile skill, but seeing in the dark is even better.  I want more people with night vision to spread this expensive sickness!

Picture from another event I attended recently:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20191228_212242_jpg-1223249.JPG
View Quote
Apparently that's only 45ish minutes away from me.  Hmm...

ETA: Nevermind.  Members only.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#35]
do you have to be a member ?
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
do you have to be a member ?
View Quote
At this time, they're only allowing members or their guests
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I need to work out a time to get there for an orientation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fun night indeed.
View All Quotes
Even if I did make a less that graceful transition to a seated position behind the barricade in the mud.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Even if I did make a less that graceful transition to a seated position behind the barricade in the mud.
View All Quotes
I fall all the time. I'm actually surprised I didn't given my few dashes to the other side of the course of fire.

As long as you fall gracefully and safely, it's all good. Remember, practice makes perfect.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Hi @dlm1984
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/team_america-39.gif
Hi @dlm1984
It's a small world, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#44]
While I'm here, here's a few pictures from the shoot at University Rifle Club on 2/8.

It was chilly!
Attachment Attached File

And super bright!
Attachment Attached File

But no night shoot is complete without some pictures through night vision!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Rosedale's night shoot is coming up on the 22nd!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
While I'm here, here's a few pictures from the shoot at University Rifle Club on 2/8.

It was chilly!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20200211_173429_jpg-1272574.JPG

And super bright!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20200208_202851_jpg-1272577.JPG

But no night shoot is complete without some pictures through night vision!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20200211_173742_jpg-1272580.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20200211_173635_jpg-1272582.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316444/20200211_173817_jpg-1272583.JPG

ETA: Rosedale's night shoot is coming up on the 22nd!
View Quote
This is an awesome shoot, highly recommend.

Eta: referring to the rosedale shoot
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#46]
For you guys that have been a couple of times, what do you think of the club overall?  It's 90 minutes from me but I'd love to get access to 300 yards, night shoots, etc.  Does anyone know if there are work day requirements or is it only the annual fee?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For you guys that have been a couple of times, what do you think of the club overall?  It's 90 minutes from me but I'd love to get access to 300 yards, night shoots, etc.  Does anyone know if there are work day requirements or is it only the annual fee?

Thanks!
View Quote
I've been to the club outside of this event. It's probably one of the better clubs in the general area (depending on which way you're coming from). I'm a member at New Holland so...

@dlm1984 can give you a better idea.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've been to the club outside of this event. It's probably one of the better clubs in the general area (depending on which way you're coming from). I'm a member at New Holland so...

@dlm1984 can give you a better idea.
View Quote
Thanks.  I've looked at New Holland several times but I think they require work days.  I travel a ton for work, I'm hesitant to commit to that and not be able to get it done.  (it would bother me a lot)  I wish I could just "buy out" of them, I would LOVE to be a member there...  
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#49]
University added a work requirement for 10 hours last year, but reduced it to 5 hours this year.  Either way you could buy out for $50.

They have various styles of competitions throughout the year.

Overall I think it's one of the better ranges in the area for the money, especially if you like shooting steel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
University added a work requirement for 10 hours last year, but reduced it to 5 hours this year.  Either way you could buy out for $50.

They have various styles of competitions throughout the year.

Overall I think it's one of the better ranges in the area for the money, especially if you like shooting steel.
View Quote
Thanks, that's good news.  I can't make the March orientation, I'll be travelling.  Going to the April one, though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top