Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2021 9:43:47 PM EDT
Has anybody heard if this will be back in the buildings like normal?
It was pretty weak last year when a lot of people didn't show up, understandably.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
All the gun shows have been back in the buildings for many months now...can't imagine SAR will be any different.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told by SAR that they'd be back in the buildings, but masks were going to be required. So I passed on my three tables this time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm out then unless they change their mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was told by SAR that they'd be back in the buildings, but masks were going to be required. So I passed on my three tables this time.

I'm out then unless they change their mind.

I had been hoping I could finally make it this year.  If that’s the case, I’m also out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Both of the last gun shows at the colosseum also had mask required signs…for unvaccinated people. No enforcement, no checks, no one was wearing a mask.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Both of the last gun shows at the colosseum also had mask required signs…for unvaccinated people. No enforcement, no checks, no one was wearing a mask.
View Quote

Correct.
I had a table at the June show. None of us wore masks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.   That is good news for the attendees but hopefully the vendors will not back out on principle.   I understand if they do.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Odd that that they'd require vendors to wear masks if the only "requirement" was that the "unvaccinated" wear masks....

IF it's only required of the "unvaccinated" and it's on the honor system the show promoter would be a fool to not point that out to vendors rather than risk the vendor bowing out.

Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't quiz them on details, they said masks, I said nope.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't quiz them on details, they said masks, I said nope.
View Quote

Seems very odd....  Crossroads is not requiring masks for their Pima county shows and only speculated doing so in the past if Pima county required it,  they didn't.  I find it hard to believe that Maricopa county or the State is requiring masks for shows....

The State overseas those fairgrounds correct?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Saw very masks at the sep show at the ice house.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

One more time?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One more time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more time?
Saw very (few) masks at the Sept. show at the "Ice House" (Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum at the Arizona State Fairgrounds).

Conservation of electrons yo!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Trying to decide if its worth going

Have plenty of ammo

Not sure what id buy anyway

Favorite Steel dealer will not be attending anyway.

...sigh
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Wonder if table prices came down a bit. I have a ton of oddball stull, may have to see about a couple tables.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#16]
EDIT: Was told it was outside by parking fee lady.   That and my bad attitude resulted in the below text which was wrong.

Well, that was a bust.   Showed up and saw that it was outside so we just turned around and went home.
There were hardly any cars in the parking lot.
I really hope the promoters lose a fuck ton of money for being covid pussies.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, that was a bust.   Showed up and saw that it was outside so we just turned around and went home.
View Quote

ALL if it was outside?

A decent sized chunk is traditionally outside in between the buildings, are you sure that's not what you saw?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Please someone give us a range report with a few photos!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a buddy who has a table inside send me a pic....
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had a buddy who has a table inside send me a pic....
View Quote

OK.....
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
It just barely opened...few people are able to attend at 11am on a Friday.  I've been there at open a few times, and hardly anyone is there...most of the vendors aren't even setup yet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK.....
View Quote
Just a response to indicate that there were tables inside.  No idea where he is at.  Yes it was slow earlier.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats BS, 75% of the show is inside buildings and 25% outside in tents like normal.It started light but by 1pm it was full.
Prices werent the best...but deals could be found.The line for Pork Chops on a stick was the longest ive ever seen !!

9mm ammo cases were around $335.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I spent 3 hrs. in the SAR bldg.  I will be back tomorrow to scan the rest of the show.  Prices were not the best, but I found parts I couldn't locate at Knob Creek, Reno collectors show, locally or on-line.  Overall, I travelled from out-of-state and am pleased to be back at Crossroads/SAR.  Its the best show in the west IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just a response to indicate that there were tables inside.  No idea where he is at.  Yes it was slow earlier.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19210/5A90E5A8-1946-4F5E-A2E0-350F3ED9750A_jpe-2190865.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#26]
That is good to know.   Thanks for the responses.   If even one building was open then it would be an improvement over last year.
Guess the parking fee lady gave me bad info.   As you know, you can't see shit until you are in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]
There are 3 building plus the outside vendors. The SAR building was a zoo when I got there at noon on Thursday. People were already wheeling and dealing-best time to get some stuff as it’s unloaded.

Today,  got there around 0930 and a healthy line was present for buyers. By 1pm it was very busy and stayed busy for the rest of the day.

Tables were 130.00 for the person who asked.

It’s going to be even better tomorrow. Weather will be perfect. Bring lots of money.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I spent 3 hrs. in the SAR bldg.  I will be back tomorrow to scan the rest of the show.  Prices were not the best, but I found parts I couldn't locate at Knob Creek, Reno collectors show, locally or on-line.  Overall, I travelled from out-of-state and am pleased to be back at Crossroads/SAR.  Its the best show in the west IMHO.
View Quote

Its the only show I go to...
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There are 3 building plus the outside vendors. The SAR building was a zoo when I got there at noon on Thursday. People were already wheeling and dealing-best time to get some stuff as it’s unloaded.

Today,  got there around 0930 and a healthy line was present for buyers. By 1pm it was very busy and stayed busy for the rest of the day.

Tables were 130.00 for the person who asked.

It’s going to be even better tomorrow. Weather will be perfect. Bring lots of money.

View Quote

It is actually 4 buildings, the double silver one on the east side, the orange one in the back of the tents, the green one and of course the best one, the SAR building on the west; plus 3 huge tents in the middle. If it wasn't for the handful of people wearing masks, it felt just like a normal 2019 show. I also got there on Thursday around noon, and scored some Glock 45 mags with Kriss SMG mag bases for a really good price. Friday was equally good, arrived around 9am, picked up 4 of the Air Force 22 LR conversion mag inserts that I had seen on Thursday, a bunch of Colt 30 round mags and 5 NIW Glock 20 mags for my CMMG Banshee plus a bunch of misc items that I could not live without.

Definitely agree... bring LOTS of cash, that SAR building just sucks down the coin quickly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Private sale pricing at this show has gone to several levels beyond normal.

800 for a Ruger P90, 900 for a gen 4 G21...

Even obscure collector stuff is 2x pre covid. Came up with a new term, YOPO, You Only Price Once...

That said, my buddy and I found a few deals.   Once we were done laughing at the prices on every other table.

J&G was absent.  Miwall was there, not any cheaper than online.  Overall it was worth going but not as good as years past.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Private sale pricing at this show has gone to several levels beyond normal.

800 for a Ruger P90, 900 for a gen 4 G21...

Even obscure collector stuff is 2x pre covid. Came up with a new term, YOPO, You Only Price Once...

That said, my buddy and I found a few deals.   Once we were done laughing at the prices on every other table.

J&G was absent.  Miwall was there, not any cheaper than online.  Overall it was worth going but not as good as years past.
View Quote

I was wondering if i missed them, guess not.

Trying to decide if ill head back tomorrow.

Did anyone see the Timney trigger table?  If where was it?

thx!
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I managed to find some AK74 parts so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I managed to find some AK74 parts so I'm happy.
View Quote

Lemme go look at the box of AK parts I found while moving.

IIRC from peeking into the box, for AK74 parts,  I've got at least a romy upturned handle CH FA bolt carrier for right side folders.
For 47 parts, an early romy stamped arm UF stock too.
Mosty compliance parts though.

I haven't owned an AK in about a decade.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw Ian from "Forgotten Weapons" YouTube channel in the SAR building, nice guy.   Show overall was decent.  Scored a few deals but prices between vendors/sellers was all over the map.  9mm Blazer Brass running 16.99 (cheapest I saw, tons of it just to the east of the entrance outside) to almost $30.00 a box of 50 from other sellers .  I guess the other sellers didn't want to sell any of theirs.  Private sellers (cash & carry) were getting a premium over what they sell from dealers.  ATF had a table Friday, talked to them briefly, asked if everyone was being nice to them... apparently not so much.  They were gone and replaced by someone else when we went by on Saturday.  Crowds were definitely down from 2019 but up from 2020.  PMAGs going for $10, Glock factory mags for $25 (passed) and a few cool things like 12.7 Dshk rounds from 1944 WWII at the SAR building.  Not too many military vehicles near SAR.  

That's my brief AAR.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a pic with sheriff Joe. Sending it to all
My liberal family and friends and getting some reeeeeeees.

I didn’t buy a pair of autographed pink underwear he was hawking, tho.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up a 1918 Webley Mk6 for a good price (my wife already wrapped it and put it under the tree so have to wait for Christmas to play with it) and santa got my boys a few things too. It was very busy Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Found the Timney (PHX) table, picked up a 4lb AR10 trigger

Bought an Odessa 22 can from Doug at SRT ARMS (COTTONWOOD)

Tried to keep the money with local company's

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got a pic with sheriff Joe. Sending it to all
My liberal family and friends and getting some reeeeeeees.

I didn’t buy a pair of autographed pink underwear he was hawking, tho.
View Quote

Damn, wish I would have gone to tell him how he fucked us in the Senate primary by splitting the anti-McSally vote.  Dumb ass let himself get played by the establishment.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Did anyone catch who the vendor was in the 1st building on the left as you walk in with all the Henry lever actions and had the revolving / turntable rack all full of henrys?
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I dont know what vendor had the henrys. All i know is if wasnt so close to Christmas I would have bought one. My spoiled kids expect presents this year
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Glad it was better than I feared, I may be back next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top