Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2022 9:20:40 AM EDT
Is there anything legal that can be done about my neighbor’s free range dogs running all over my yard?

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, you could 11 Bang Bang their asses..
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, you could 11 Bang Bang their asses..
View Quote

That ain’t legal

Unless they were aggressive attacking me or my animals (dont have any)
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Fine, trip-wire star-clusters
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fine, trip-wire star-clusters
View Quote

You actually reminded me of stuff like this
https://fithops.com/products/209-shotgun-primer-trip-alarm

Thanks

Eta:
Wouldnt be surprised if these sons of bitches went under them though and they have multiple spots they come through
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there animal control you can contact?  My neighbor lets their pit bull run all around the neighborhood.  I did report it to animal control, and they came and visited the lady.  The dog is rarely out now.  I called because it was aggressive with me in my yard, and had also pooped on my deck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
A quick search of KY law.
Under Section 258.235, any person may kill or seize any dog which he sees in the act of pursuing or wounding any livestock, or wounding or killing poultry, or attacking human beings, whether or not such dog bears the license tag required by the provisions of this chapter. There shall be no liability on such person in damages or otherwise for killing, injuring from an attempt to kill, or for seizing the dog. That same section also comprises the state's new strict liability law for dog bites. Under Sec. 235(4), any owner whose dog is found to have caused damage to a person, livestock, or other property shall be responsible for that damage.

KRS 258.215 This Kentucky statute provides that peace officers, dog wardens, or animal control officers shall seize and impound any dog which does not bear a proper license tag or other legible identification which is found running at large. Interestingly, if an officer after diligent effort to do so, should fail to seize the dog, it is his or her duty to destroy the dog by any reasonable and humane means. The statute specifically exempts actively engaged hunting dogs from the "loose dog" prohibition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top