Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2021 10:20:18 PM EDT
OK, I heard this today . Sounds far fetch. Anybody hear about  Chinese troops at camp Grayland ?   When I heard this I just had to roll my eyes. And now I'm asking  info, on it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, I heard this today . Sounds far fetch. Anybody hear about  Chinese troops at camp Grayland ?   When I heard this I just had to roll my eyes. And now I'm asking  info, on it.
View Quote

From what I've heard from the locals, there are no Chicom troops there

https://theoutdoortradingpost.com/showthread.php?18830-We-may-be-fighting-someone-on-our-soil-soon&highlight=chinese+troops+MIchigan

Poster # 6 is a local to base resident
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From what I've heard from the locals, there are no Chicom troops there

https://theoutdoortradingpost.com/showthread.php?18830-We-may-be-fighting-someone-on-our-soil-soon&highlight=chinese+troops+MIchigan

Poster # 6 is a local to base resident
View Quote

You have to have a account to look at that page.

This sounds similar to what happened a few years ago, but with the Russians:

Russian military goes to Grayling for some sort of IED/safety/demining training. (I guess this happens on occasion)
Stuff gets blow up in training, one of the blast is large enough locals hear it.
Russians play tourist and go into town to see what Michigan is about (note to any Russians reading this DONT go to Grayling it's a parking lot with a mayor)
Local conspiracy guys see weird uniforms after hearing blast earlier and go and asks Russkies what's up?
"Oh were in the Russian Army and are at Graying"
Local guy goes home and RUSSIANS ARE INVADING NORTHERN MICHIGAN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

The AJ type websites went nuts and people were all geeked up until the whole story got out.

I was personally upset I didn't have the opportunity to get a SVD without driving very far.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.

It's not unusual for OPFOR to dress the part, and end up starting all sorts of rumors though.

Back in the day when Koernke and that other nutter "Norm something.) were spreading all manner of shit, we had a Tactical exercise, and the OPFOR dressed up....and holy shit did the "Black Helicopter" silliness get laughably out of control.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not seen any Chinese troops in Grayling, the Chinese restaurant went out of business this year too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top