Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 2:46:59 PM EDT
Anyone know what the heck happened? I got a random e-mail saying it was closed down so instead of going in to town I went west to do some other stuff. Asked some folks when I was standing in line and heard it was a multi-fatality, multi-vehicle crash at the Elys Ford intersection.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a lot of info at this point. My daughter (who no longer lives here) said she had a brief acquaintance with one of the dead individuals and that he leaves behind two young children.

2-killed-in-multi-car-crash-in-virginia
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a lot of info at this point. My daughter (who no longer lives here) said she had a brief acquaintance with one of the dead individuals and that he leaves behind two young children.

2-killed-in-multi-car-crash-in-virginia
View Quote

Yeah, that’s the only info I’ve seen in any of the online news articles. Crazy that it occurred at 6 in the morning and things were still at a standstill at 1300 when I was heading out. Brock Road was way backed up at the Orange Plank intersection as well as Orange Plank coming from Rt3.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Crash reconstruction is a science and takes time. The more complex the accident the longer it takes to figure out the course of events.

I was involved in a head on collision on 95 in 2013. The accident I was in closed 95 northbound down for 3 or 4 hours, possibly more. It was a 4 car crash with 2 of us going to the hospital via ambulance(myself and the guy that caused the accident) and the passenger in the car that caused the accident was pronounced at the scene. The vehicles involved were a 2000 Murcery 4 door, 2013 box truck, 2010 Toyota Corolla and a Chevy HHR. The Mercury crossed from southbound 95 to northbound and struck my Toyota head on causing my car to go from the far left lane to the far right. My car was broadsided by the box truck and rear ended by the HHR. Everything but the box truck were totaled. The reconstruction team took a while because they were having trouble figuring out the Murcery's speed. They never did pin point that, were he crossed the median had grass so speed was not able to be calculated due to the possibility of sliding on the grass.

eta: adding pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You have to be VERY distracted or impaired to wend up going the wrong way.
Top Top