Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/29/2020 1:32:12 PM EDT
Rioters in Ohio breached the Statehouse early Friday morning amid violent clashes with police

Downtown Columbus vandalized during protests

George Floyd’s death | Protest turns violent in Columbus

I did not personally go to the protest turned riot in downtown Columbus, but here are a few videos.

Windows broken out at the Statehouse, Ohio Theater, and a bunch of businesses. Tear gas used to disperse the crowd. It’s a shame since most of these businesses are locally owned and still hurting from the Covid shutdowns.

There was a rumor the crowd was going to go to Easton, Easton called in all their security and stood guard outside the businesses.

The police will probably be out in force tonight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Fxm7vkKLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMuKRuQJOTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YO01BjUPY

I did not personally go to the protest turned riot in downtown Columbus, but here are a few videos.

Windows broken out at the Statehouse, Ohio Theater, and a bunch of businesses. Tear gas used to disperse the crowd. It’s a shame since most of these businesses are locally owned and still hurting from the Covid shutdowns.

There was a rumor the crowd was going to go to Easton, Easton called in all their security and stood guard outside the businesses.

The police will probably be out in force tonight.
View Quote

(This is somewhat a joke) I swear to god if these low IQ animals start rioting twords my bars or my arena im gonna roll in with like 10 friends in full kit and defend the nationwide alamo...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

(This is somewhat a joke) I swear to god if these low IQ animals start rioting twords my bars or my arena im gonna roll in with like 10 friends in full kit and defend the nationwide alamo...
View Quote

Not sure how at risk you are, but I would put away anything that can be picked up and thrown. It looked like most of the damage was from people picking up trash cans, scooters, chairs, etc. and throwing them at windows.

One video shows basically people walking by a business that has a bunch of chairs on the patio, they toss a chair at the windows as they are walking by. If the chairs were not there people might not have even stopped.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Looting

Ohio State students join protests over George Floyd’s death

Pepper sprayed

Protesters pepper-sprayed in Columbus

Line of police advancing
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ch10 had a couple live feeds going. I started watching around 915.  The crowd changed around 1030 or so, water bottles started getting thrown at CPD, aggitators staryed walking the line of officers. The feed stopped for the 11pm news and I went to bef. F'em, let girly ginther's rome burn! ??
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad we're at Kelly's island tonight. Feral cat is defending our homestead. FO Cat
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
CPD went through a lot of Fox Labs pepper spray last night.

There are 71 photos at the Columbus Dispatch (probably behind a paywall)

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200529/at-least-five-arrested-two-officers-injured-windows-broken-in-short-north-during-protests

Several businesses had windows busted, two bail bondsmen were armed and guarding their business which had the front window busted.

The USPS removed several mail boxes from downtown, I assume that was to keep bombs from being placed in them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Protesters get pepper-sprayed, clash with police in Columbus

Sprint store being looted

https://www.reddit.com/r/Columbus/comments/gt8du3/more_looting/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

From Reddit

“Places Looted

•?DGX
•?Subway
•?Sprint
•?JSK Carry Out
•?Tiger + Lily Restaurant
•?Multiple Chase and Huntington banks
•?Warby Parker (glasses store in SN)
•?Paradise Garage
•?Bakersfield
•?And one high-end boutique store in SN

And then uncountable broken windows and graffiti all over.”

—-
A few places for info on the riots

https://m.facebook.com/pg/columbusanons/posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Columbus/

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Currently down at Rbar by rhe arena... bunch of the animals are getting pushed down N High st. Right now... can smell the agents in the air... a few of the peaceful people are painted orange from the spray...
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Why do I think that alert will have the exact opposite effect?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, City Council President Shannon Hardin, and County Commissioner Kevin Boyce got pepper sprayed by CPD today.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I drove across I-70 West about an hour ago.  The exit to I-71 North was closed.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Governor sending NG to downtown Columbus
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
These fools don't know the difference between protesting and rioting.  Blocking the street = rioting.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Curfew starts at 10 PM, no late night pizza runs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, City Council President Shannon Hardin, and County Commissioner Kevin Boyce got pepper sprayed by CPD today.
View Quote

Looks like Beatty took a swing at a cop as he took a protester to the ground.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/30/joyce-beatty-pepper-sprayed-racism-protests-290931
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Sister in Cleveland says she is seeing a "bottom line crawl" message on her TV--ABC, NBC-- that "Law Enforcement Officers: WARNING!"

That's all it says.

Other parts of America, not so good: guy allegedly murdered in Dallas protecting his business: (unverified as of yet)

Don't Be This Guy

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZWMvkdXsAI-Bsr?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2y4soQW54w
View Quote

As soon as MSNBC started saying it was white supremacists starting the riots that it was antifa
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]
In case anyone was wondering how organized these people are:

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#27]
All of this nonsense has motivated me to get my CCW renewed.  I was surprised to find the next available appointment for Franklin County was Sep 21st.  Delaware County was a bit better with Jul 28th, but Union County was able to get me in next week.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Mayor signs executive order to extend curfew in Columbus indefinitely

A city-wide curfew will stay in place indefinitely following an executive order by City of Columbus Mayor Andrew J. Ginther.

The curfew will take place daily from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A city-wide curfew will stay in place indefinitely following an executive order by City of Columbus Mayor Andrew J. Ginther.

View Quote

Such bs
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weapons Free from 2200-0600 would be better.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#33]
The scumbags are already starting to mill about near downtown. To make things even more frustrating, all the exits near downtown are blocked by police but one, and at that one the traffic is backed up onto the freeway. Too bad the cops aren't willing to take care of rioters, they just want to inconvenience everyone.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The scumbags are already starting to mill about near downtown. To make things even more frustrating, all the exits near downtown are blocked by police but one, and at that one the traffic is backed up onto the freeway. Too bad the cops aren't willing to take care of rioters, they just want to inconvenience everyone.
View Quote

It's human nature to take the path of least resistance.

Working people with assets are a lot easier to control than one with nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:10:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZdOkW4WAAAvTXS?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Supposedly 2 busses like that are supposed to show up in Newark tonight
I'm planning to be downtown for a little while observing
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Such bs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such bs

Ginther is a worthless mayor.  He talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He talks about racism and how bad the police are.  Then him and the city counsel sign the police contracts that protect the bad cops.  
The people cheer when he puts in a police substation in the Franklinton/Hilltop area with a community garden.  Really.  A garden will keep the violence down

Look at the Columbus PD website.  It breaks down all the crime in the city by neighborhood.  The most are in the Linden/Franklinton/East side.  All majority minority areas.  People there want to clean up the neighborhood but bitch about the police responding to crime there.

When a 13 year old gets shot after pulling an air soft/bb gin at the police at 2am no one asks. What the hell is a 13 year old doing out at 2am they blame the cops. Ginther then launches an investigation into the police.

Instead of asking why 13 year olds are roaming the streets. Black kids are shooting each every week.  

I could go on forever but it’s not going to help.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZdOkW4WAAAvTXS?format=jpg&name=small

I could be down for a little Newark tonight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, looks like it may be moving into the suburbs.  Just saw this on nextdoor.  Occupy Columbus is going to protest at the Mayors house.  

Great, just great
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, looks like it may be moving into the suburbs.  Just saw this on nextdoor.  Occupy Columbus is going to protest at the Mayors house.  

Great, just great
View Quote

Hopefully that doesn’t work out the way they want it to.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where does the Mayor live?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great, just great

Where does the Mayor live?

used to live on E N Broadway, but they sold their house last summer, I think they live in the Knolls neighborhood now (Olentangy River Rd south of Henderson).
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I heard (through my wife, which was through FB) that a few hundred people showed up in Mt Vernon last night. Zero issues, as expected.

This area is far too tame for any sort of “uprising”.

View Quote

It was really nothing despite how worked up people got over it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

used to live on E N Broadway, but they sold their house last summer, I think they live in the Knolls neighborhood now (Olentangy River Rd south of Henderson).
View Quote

That sounds about right. I have offered to pay for the ubers to get the rioters, er, protesters there.  Sorry if your hood.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That sounds about right. I have offered to pay for the ubers to get the rioters, er, protesters there.  Sorry if your hood.
View Quote

I know,it sucks.  Reap what they sow and all, he deserves it.  Walks around during the lock down w/o masks, lets his kid play with non family all while preaching exact opposite on tv. Not that I blame or want anything for the kid.  
On the other hand its too damn close! Gotta get my party favors out for the welcome wagon
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#47]
We have had protest in Hilliard the last couple days but it looks like soccor moms and hipsters with BLM signs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We have had protest in Hilliard the last couple days but it looks like soccor moms and hipsters with BLM signs.
View Quote

Where at?  I'm in Columbus, but Hilliard school district (west of the Scioto).
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

As I pointed out to my wife.  That's almost every protest picture.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were in the Walgreens parking lot at the round a bout night before last, heard something about them starting at that new park around Oties and walking down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top