Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2023 11:57:34 PM EDT
Looking for a decent range and these 2 are near me. Mostly looking for reasonable price for 30 min of shooting pistols.

I've heard bad things about FGC, but it's all 3rd party.

Anyone have advice?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO, FGC is crazy expensive - I only went in once about 6 months after they opened.  It was really nice, but they obviously catered to folks with much deeper pockets than I have.  I like Rifle Gear.  Very nice facility, good staff, big selection of firearms, parts and accessories (for a brick and mortar store).  Range fees for non-members is pretty good for a nice indoor range ($20/hr).  That's the closest range to where I work so I swing by there from time to time on a Friday afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Before I moved out of The Colony I was a member at Rifle Gear - Never had any issues, great setup and range officers were good at keeping things safe without being Nazis.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Of the two, I prefer RifleGear
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats 3 in a row for Riflegear. Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Make that four for Riflegear!  They also have 100 yard rifle lanes and, if you shoot there, you can also shoot the pistol lanes for no additional charge.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget, if you purchase an nfa item there,  you can shoot it while it's in nfa jail
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Frisco gun club, but i go with a vendor from work that has a membership.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
FGC for sheer convenience to my locale and routine.

Hking
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't been to Rifle Gear, so I cannot offer comment for that facility.

As for FGC, even though it was out of the way, I'd go there. That promptly stopped when I took my parents shooting for Father's Day about 6 years ago.

We got "kicked off" the shooting lane after 1 hour because they had a wait list of shooters that formed after we had arrived right at opening of the business day. They came out at 50 minutes to inform us that we had 10 minutes left to shoot. I asked about getting more time, even if it meant our range increased a little. Nope, nada. "Please pay before you leave. Thanks for coming!"

Nothing like pushing a paying customer out the door. Haven't been back since.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top