Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2021 8:12:59 PM EDT
So I just got a new job and finally get to move down to TN. So might as well find a place near a good range. Seriously though, are there any good ranges that go out at least 3-500 yards?
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Try here

Unless you make friends with someone who has some private property, this is about it for the Knoxville area.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
ORSA has those distance ranges, but they’re on the highpower range. For general shooting, you cannot use them. They involve target carriers and having access to them through the highpower director.

No other ranges in and around Knoxville have 300-500 yard ranges.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That’s surprising, looks like OR has 200 yards on the bench range, I would’ve thought a longer range would be easier to find in TN. I guess I’ll have to expand the search area. When we get situated down there I’ll probably try to join the Oak Ridge range, it looks like a nice place and near by. Appreciate the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a bit of a drive, but take a look.

Http://DeadZeroshooting.com
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that is exactly what I was hoping to find. Two hours away, but an occasional trip might not be too bad. Appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now that is exactly what I was hoping to find. Two hours away, but an occasional trip might not be too bad. Appreciate the info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a member, so if you want to check it out once you're relocated, I can bring you as a guest. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm a member, so if you want to check it out once you're relocated, I can bring you as a guest. Just let me know.
View Quote

That’s very generous, I appreciate it. Just signed the offer and have a ton of work to do to relocate, might be months before we’re there and settled. If you’re still up for it then I just might take you up on it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Windrock has a range out to 100 yards with steel targets (it has been a while since I have been there so it might have changed). There is a twra ran range off of rifle range rd in north Knoxville. It is a Fudd range but I believe they allow shooting out to 300 yards on certain days. Call and confirm. ORSA is nice. I’ve heard Royal Blue has a range off of I-75 north of Knoxville. I believe it goes out to 300 yards.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Several ranges in and near Knoxville can do up to 200 yards. It's anything greater than that gets scarce.

The Norris PD range goes up to around 200 as I recall. The TWRA range off of Rifle Range rd. goes up to 200 I think and ORSA's benchrest range goes to 200.

If you go to the Norris range, I would make sure you take someone else with you. I know in the past there were some sketchy characters that would hang out there on occasion. But also to make sure no one is finger banging their guns while you're down range as well. ORSA is much more safety conscience due to it being member only, but I once had a guy take off down range on the bench rest range when the line was still hot. He got a good dressing down when he got back to the benches.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Appreciate the info guys, I’ll definitely look into these suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The TWRA range off of Rifle Range rd. goes up to 200 I think….
View Quote

The bench rest range is 100 yards.  

There is a Known Distance that goes out to 300 yards. However, its use is limited to CMP matches on certain Saturday mornings and a 300 yard program on the third Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#12]
There is an option near Gatlinburg and one near Greeneville.  I have shot 3gun at Dead Zero, it is an amazing piece of property.

Out to 200 yards...

https://www.gatlinburgsportsman.com/

Out to 200yards and also 600 yards on certain days....

http://www.tac2.com/index.php?template=range

R4B
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a member up at Dead Zero as well and you really can't ask for much more on the rifle range. Since they use those shotcaller electric targets, the range never has to be called cold to interrupt your shooting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again, I'll look into those as well, and they're pretty close too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top