Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2021 11:32:44 PM EDT
Heading to Richmond for a few weeks tomorrow. Any must see or do things in the area?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]
lots,

history is thick in this area,  
St Johns Church
White House of the Confederacy
Va Museum of Fine Arts
Hollywood Cemetery

just to name a few,  

more battlefields than you can shake a stick at,

do  you drink?
shittons of damn good micro/ craft beer
best belgian beer list  on tap at Mekong, (and damn good food)

foodie?  
lots and lots of good places to eat,

indoor ranges in town, and around town,
as well has a handful of gunshops,

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'll definitely be checking out the brews. It's stout season after all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Outdoor trail:  James River Pipeline Walkway, if the weather is nice.

Urban exploring:  Carytown, or (daytime only) Shockoe Bottom.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you into, OP?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you into, OP?
View Quote
Into pretty much anything just have limited time to do much. I am having a Choosy Mother peanut butter porter right now though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Give Penny Lane Pub a look.  Great authentic British pub with a good selection of beers and the chow is great also.  Fantastic fish and chips.

OP-  Are you in town for training?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are you into, OP?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#8]
ZZQ BBQ downtown.  https://www.zzqrva.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want an awesome gun shop to walk through to kill some time, Green Top is the place.  Think a mom and pop locally owned Cabelas/Bass Pro type of place.  Awesome selection of all kinds of guns, accessories, suppressors, fishing gear, etc
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you want an awesome gun shop to walk through to kill some time, Green Top is the place.  Think a mom and pop locally owned Cabelas/Bass Pro type of place.  Awesome selection of all kinds of guns, accessories, suppressors, fishing gear, etc
View Quote

Was there Saturday. Place was PACKED.

Spent couple hundred. Good folks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear Town Police Supply is decent too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hear Town Police Supply is decent too.
View Quote

It is, it's a "cop shop" but an actual decent gun store, too. Lots of good trade-in deals to be had.

You'll be hard pressed to find it if you're not familiar with the area.

It's tucked back in the corner of a strip mall at the intersection of Highway 360 and Courthouse Rd.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is, it's a "cop shop" but an actual decent gun store, too. Lots of good trade-in deals to be had.

You'll be hard pressed to find it if you're not familiar with the area.

It's tucked back in the corner of a strip mall at the intersection of Highway 360 and Courthouse Rd.
View Quote

it's a PITA to get to due to the interestions,

there is a Verizon shop on the corner, the shopping center is behind that ,

you can access it only by going West on 360 (called Hull Street Road) or North on Courthouse,

it's tucked down in the corner of the shopping center
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just put a half pound of brisket and a half pound of pork shoulder in front of me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just put a half pound of brisket and a half pound of pork shoulder in front of me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18568/013B3FB5-11C2-4852-9A14-DCBE135BE58E_jpe-2201299.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18568/013B3FB5-11C2-4852-9A14-DCBE135BE58E_jpe-2201299.JPG

We did the smoked turkey, brisket and sides for Thanksgiving.  Tried to get the daughter to get the Christmas ham, but they sold out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Give Penny Lane Pub a look.  Great authentic British pub with a good selection of beers and the chow is great also.  Fantastic fish and chips.

OP-  Are you in town for training?
View Quote
@Tipsovr

Waiting on my fish and chips at Penny Lane now.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Tipsovr

Waiting on my fish and chips at Penny Lane now.  
View Quote

I hope you enjoyed them!  The current owner was my roomate in college.  His parents were the original owners.  Both were straight of the boat from Liverpool.  Hence the authentic Brit pub atmosphere.  The place can be crazy packed at 8:00am when big name Premier League teams are playing live.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Thread is relevant to my interests, coming out for my house hunting trip next month.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hope you enjoyed them!  The current owner was my roomate in college.  His parents were the original owners.  Both were straight of the boat from Liverpool.  Hence the authentic Brit pub atmosphere.  The place can be crazy packed at 8:00am when big name Premier League teams are playing live.
View Quote
Fish was quite good. Cool place.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife and I’s first date was at Penny Lane. Rehearsal dinner was there. Going away party to Germany, etc. Love that place. I used to be a regular at 8 am on a Saturday or Sunday . I just hate the new restaurant tax the city rolled out a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top