Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 3:01:27 PM EDT
Is there anyone who reloads (WELL) .308 and 5.56/.223 in western Washington (Seattle area)? Perhaps looking to trade?

I would like to get into it at some point, but have a full plate presently.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't wish to BUY anything, merely swap/trade.

The ATF don't play...
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Trade what? You are not very clear on what your asking for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Shooting other people's reloads is not a good practice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't wish to BUY anything, merely swap/trade.

The ATF don't play...
View Quote

The IRS considers “bartering” (swap/trade in your terminology) a taxable income event, so yes, the ATF will also consider it unlicensed manufacturing if caught.  

The bigger issue is as CavVet points out, the liability aspect of it. I certainly wouldn’t sell/trade/swap/gift my hand loads to anyone, in case something goes sideways....
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If that was what you meant swap.. was swapping reloaded ammo..  that would be a really bad idea since you don't know what they loaded in it. I would never trade for reloaded ammo.
I would would possibly trade manufactured ammo. but I rarely do that unless I'm desperate for a caliber i can't find.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Case in point-guy hands his own gun with his own reloads to another guy.

Gun blows up, hurts shooter-kills owner of the gun standing there.

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/news/local/lackawanna-county/one-dead-after-gun-malfunction-in-lackawanna-county/523-2fd4dc32-8482-4627-8ab4-7c62b4592df1
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Case in point-guy hands his own gun with his own reloads to another guy.

Gun blows up, hurts shooter-kills owner of the gun standing there.

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/news/local/lackawanna-county/one-dead-after-gun-malfunction-in-lackawanna-county/523-2fd4dc32-8482-4627-8ab4-7c62b4592df1
View Quote

those stories always make me nervous of my reloads, and I am about as meticulous as I can get when reloading on a progressive or turret.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Stories like that make my progressive another treadmill.

My single stage has never had a squib or double.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stories like that make my progressive another treadmill.

My single stage has never had a squib or double.
View Quote

Progressives don't give doubles on their own. Any single or multistage can get doubles based on the operator.

When reloading some people do other things that distract them.. Causing them not to realized they double charged. Rifle rounds typically have no issue since it tends to overflow the casing. The pistol rounds I'm more wary about. 2 loads can easily be compressed into a cartridge.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I’d like to learn, too, primarily for 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’d like to learn, too, primarily for 10mm.
View Quote

@TigerForce

Buy your press and supplies (powder, primers, bullets, etc if you can find them)

And one of these for 10mm not 308.

Search the reloading section and other websites figure our the most popular powder being used and start reloading.  Lots of videos online on the set up of your dies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top