Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2023 1:20:40 PM EDT
My soon to be ex is likely moving to PA and is also looking at new vehicles to replace her 15 yr. old truck.

What fees would she have to pay to register a vehicle in PA if she moves? Would it be a bad idea to pay taxes, title & fees for a new car here in OH and then move to PA a short time later?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#1]
Look down through the other topics. There’s a very recent one.

Short answer, whether you buy now or later you’ll be raped by the state for big $$$. PA loves vehicle tax and license fees. ALMOST as much as CO loves new vehicle tax.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
All I'm gonna say is good luck, I'm still trying to get both my personal cars registered and I'm still waiting on my company to register my work car.

And I thought nj was fucked up with motor vehicles. PA is on a whole different level of stupidity and absurdity with vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I always said the folks in Trenton were better than Harrisburg for one reason.  Trenton can cure crackheads, but you can't cure coming from a long line of cousins.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:54:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#4]
Just got the nj renewal notice for my truck. Not really sure how this is all going to pan out. Still waiting on PA but I’ve got 90 days to renew in nj. Except I don’t have a nj address anymore. So if this entire process takes longer than 90 days how the hell am I supposed to do this? I won’t be able to drive my truck. I also think the registration on my wife’s car is coming up too. I almost feel like it’d be better to just go to a dealership in PA and trade both vehicles in

It was way easier to get a PA driver’s license than a nj one but registering vehicles is pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Appreciate the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top