Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2024 8:54:21 AM EDT

FYI: There are two referendums coming up on the April 2 statewide ballot"

The first "Prohibits any level of government in the state from applying or accepting non-governmental funds or equipment for election administration. (This would stop Zuckerbucks funding.  With local funding for election administration, there is no need for outside partisan money to run our elections)"

The second "Provides that only election officials designated by law may administer elections (prohibits outside partisans from participating in election administration. Local elected officials do not require partisan assistance)"

From WisPolitics Rep Jerry O'Connor:

https://www.wispolitics.com/2024/rep-oconnor-on-2024-statewide-referendums/
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope both referendums pass, but it will be a long shot. The first would prohibit political contributions from outside the state. The other would prohibit "ballot harvesting".
Gary
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
No one I've talked to has even heard of the referendum.
Figure if we spread the word and vote ourselves, maybe something good will happen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Binding or non-binding referendums?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jack_pine_savage:
I hope both referendums pass, but it will be a long shot. The first would prohibit political contributions from outside the state. The other would prohibit "ballot harvesting".
Gary
View Quote

Pritzger has a big horse farm in WI
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

View Quote

Probably doesn't want his horses hit by drive-bys.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#7]
These are not referendums.  They are Constitutional amendments.  As such evers cannot veto them.  
Get ouhttps://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?b=8&f=21&t=673067&tl=Referendums-on-Wisconsin-Statewide-April-2-ballot&r=&page=1#t and vote for these  Constitutional amendments  They will help to make a better climate in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
important thread bump
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Could you imagine being a horse that just got saddled and see Prickler come out in a cowboy hat heading your way?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Could you imagine being a horse that just got saddled and see Prickler come out in a cowboy hat heading your way?
View Quote

Thanks for the laugh on that one!

On a more serious note, Ive been encouraging everyone to get out and vote for this.  Preventing what is effectively vote buying in our state is important and long term will be disastrous if we dont stop it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maybe the farm isn't big but the horses are....speaking of big horse butts...Trump was once in business with the Pritzger family back in NY...it didn't go well for them...
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Send this to your fellow Wisconsinites:

Vote yes and then vote yes

Imagine if all of this had been reversed. Imagine if some right-wing group like the NRA, or Pro-Life Wisconsin, was brought in to run the elections in a bunch of Republican cities around the state. Then imagine that those GOP areas produced staggeringly high turnout numbers that favored the Republicans.

Or, an alternate example. Imagine a prominent GOP billionaire like Diane Hendricks formed a “nonprofit” organization to encourage voter participation and that group only went to work in overwhelmingly Republican areas. And imagine that local officials in these GOP strongholds gave the employees of Diane’s “nonprofit” access to all of the election records and used them to induce people who hadn’t yet voted to mail in their ballots.

Imagine it, indeed. To say that Wisconsin’s left, and its sycophants in the mainstream media, would have gone ballistic is a wild understatement. It would have been called election-stealing, vote fraud, organized crime and probably an insurrection.

But as is always the case, the above imaginary scenarios didn’t happen. Instead, it was the left that pulled this garbage and got away with it. Wisconsin, which narrowly went for Donald Trump in 2016, narrowly went against Trump in 2020 thanks to a huge increase in Democrat votes.

This happened after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, a notorious lefty, formed a nonprofit that went into the six biggest Democrat strongholds in the state and ran massive voter mobilization efforts using the resources of each of the six city governments. The successful operation has come to be known as “Zuckerbucks.”

Defenders say it was all legal. They say there’s nothing in Wisconsin law that stops cities from outsourcing their get-out-the-vote efforts to private biased groups. That’s why the Wisconsin Election Commission led by Meagan Wolfe not only didn’t stop it but praised and defended it.

Fair enough. (Actually it wasn’t fair at all.) But really, fair enough. This outrage was “legal.” There’s only one thing to do about it. We have to make it illegal.

That’s what the two constitutional amendments on the Wisconsin ballot in the ongoing election set out to do. They would change the state Constitution to make it clear that only actual government officials can run elections and that outside organizations can’t “donate” money to run elections.

Depending on where you live there are a lot of referendum questions on the ballot. But everywhere in the state, the two constitutional amendments are the first two questions. So here’s what we have to do to prevent this Mark Zuckerberg hijacking of our elections in 2024. We have to VOTE YES on question one. Then we have to VOTE YES on question two.

After that, with all the advisory referendums and school tax hikes on various ballots, you’re on your own.

*** The media keeps insisting that everybody who complains about the 2020 election is a lying conspiracypeddler. They lump all of us in with Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani and others who made unproven claims about various ballot-cheating operations. But the real problem with the election had nothing to do with Dominion voting machines or the weird claims made by the MyPillow guy about Chinese computers hacking vote counting machines. The actual problem was the abuse of process that included massive switching to mail-in voting, enormous ballot harvesting and the Zuckerbucks-type operations that juiced vote totals only in Democrat areas.

We keep getting lectured that these tactics were legal. I’m not convinced of that but let’s take their word at face value. If this crap was legal, it wasn’t fair. And it resulted in all sorts of mail-in votes and harvested ballots that could never be proven one way or another to have been legitimately verified. Democrat vote numbers exploded for Biden in 2020 over Hillary Clinton’s numbers in 2016. The explanation is certainly not that Democrats adored Biden more than Hillary. The correct explanation was that rules were changed and slimy (but legal) operations were set up to make it easier for Democrats to vote.

The proper response to this — and every other problem we have with laws that don’t correctly address societal problems —is to change the law. So that’s what we’re trying to to do.

The way to change the law is to VOTE YES and then VOTE YES.

An alternate plan would be for conservatives to run the same slimy voter mobilization efforts as the left uses. But my side just can’t bring itself to abusing the system and when we do the left suddenly goes ballistic. (Like the people who say January 6 was an insurrection but the George Floyd riots were peaceful protests.)

If these two referendums fail because conservatives can’t get our acts together well enough to simply pass laws that require election fairness, there is no way Republicans can win this state this fall.

(Mark Belling is the host of a daily WISN radio talk show.)

https://waukeshafreeman-wi.newsmemory.com/?publink=09267f323_134d1e4
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RicARd:

FYI: There are two referendums coming up on the April 2 statewide ballot"

The first "Prohibits any level of government in the state from applying or accepting non-governmental funds or equipment for election administration. (This would stop Zuckerbucks funding.  With local funding for election administration, there is no need for outside partisan money to run our elections)"

The second "Provides that only election officials designated by law may administer elections (prohibits outside partisans from participating in election administration. Local elected officials do not require partisan assistance)"

From WisPolitics Rep Jerry O'Connor:

https://www.wispolitics.com/2024/rep-oconnor-on-2024-statewide-referendums/
View Quote

Thank you for alerting us about this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#14]
You're welcome!

The more people know about it, the better our chances.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#15]
The hosts on 1130 WISN have been talking about these 2 questions all week. They're the number 1 talk radio in the state so hopefully their reach will make a difference. Dan O'Donnell has also been running a pseudo get out and vote drive since early in person voting started Monday. He's literally had thousands respond already that they've gone and voted.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By USSRangerSM:
doesn't sound like it will help dems...probably won't pass
View Quote

Democrat turnout usually sucks in spring elections.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nobody69s] [#17]
I rarely come to the hometown section but ran by this thread and will vote on Tuesday.
Thanks for posting this!
I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]
You're welcome.

Figure if everybody passes it on as best they can, we can overcome what seems like a news blackout.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RicARd:
You're welcome.

Figure if everybody passes it on as best they can, we can overcome what seems like a news blackout.
View Quote
Yeah it's interesting the local lefty rags are all finally started talking about the constitution amendments, probably hoping conservatives know Trump is going to be the nominee and not vote.

Usually it's weeks of dithering about "go vote" if there is something that helps commies.

("Yes" on both BTW.)
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
Yeah it's interesting the local lefty rags are all finally started talking about the constitution amendments, probably hoping conservatives know Trump is going to be the nominee and not vote.

Usually it's weeks of dithering about "go vote" if there is something that helps commies.

("Yes" on both BTW.)
View Quote
Shit! I didn't know the Broccoli man was a Wisconsinite!
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Shit! I didn't know the Broccoli man was a Wisconsinite!
Cool.
View Quote
Yup!

Also. Bump! Heading out in a few minutes to vote.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Good Man!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#24]
#133 at my pretty rural location just now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#25]
80th voter today.
Even though we're getting crap weather today.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#26]
rural voter here.  Wife and I were 123 and 124.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Started snowing at 2, voted around 5PM. 4+" of snow on the roads.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife and I went around 0830.  Rural area.  We were 16 and 17.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in  SoCal now but MotherChukar just called saying it passed!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Have to say how ecstatic I am with today's results, both locally and with the states constitutional referendum questions
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#31]
What a relief that passed.  

MKE wants to keep throwing money at MPS apparently.  Came in clutch with absentee ballots at the last minute.  Shit is always afoot in that cesspool.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:49:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RicARd] [#32]
Great job all !  
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Big voter turnout yesterday in my rural "red" Vilas County township. Wife & i voted about 12:45pm, and we were 265/266. That's huge for April with no other contested races on the ballot other than POTUS primaries.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Good to hear they passed!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:
Big voter turnout yesterday in my rural "red" Vilas County township. Wife & i voted about 12:45pm, and we were 265/266. That's huge for April with no other contested races on the ballot other than POTUS primaries.
View Quote

We're packing up stuff to finish our move...snow forced us to vote down here...
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Rattlehead34:
What a relief that passed.  

MKE wants to keep throwing money at MPS apparently.  Came in clutch with absentee ballots at the last minute.  Shit is always afoot in that cesspool.
View Quote

MKE was ground zero for that tactic in the Walker election.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top