Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2021 7:03:19 PM EDT
What: rifle and pistol competition, night vision allowed
When: Saturday, July 10th, 2021 2-8PM+, camping allowed
Where: Angry Emu Range near Madison, GA (see sticky thread for details)

It’s time for another Redwolf 2 Gun Challenge. This will be “open” class so you can use rimfire or centerfire. @Redwolf started these a few years ago and they've always been a great time. We will start the afternoon with a safety briefing, range overview, backstop and target check.  We will run 3-5 stages per shooter and go until dusk.  Then it’s night vision on the range and campfire nearby.  As far as course design goes, I am open to any suggestions.  As we've done in the past, everyone is encouraged to offer suggestions.  Bring snacks, drinks, chairs, canopies, etc. as needed.  Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions.  Everyone is welcome and encouraged to stay for campfire chats, check out NODs and camp if you want.

Course: Shoot and move - multiple targets 5-150yds for both rifle and pistol. Will be some changes from the past as far as carrying slung rifle and holstered handgun since it’s 22lr and centerfire, to make course equal.  Simple scoring of total time for each course with missed target penalties. Probably some exhibition shot to level the playing field between marksmanship and athleticism.

Equipment: Eye and Ear protection. Any legal rifle and pistol.

Who: Any safe shooter, family and kid friendly.

Prizes: Bragging rights, a good time, and the elusive trophy

Cost: Free, donations to the range are appreciated.

This will also be a “meet and greet” if you’d like to come out in the evening to spectate, chat, check out some night toys and enjoy a beverage (after guns are stowed and never near the firing line). Rain or shine we’ll be there. There are two outhouses on site and running water. You may also shoot whatever else you’d like prior to starting if you need to function test or sight in a gun since you’re making the trip out. So come out and get your heart rate up a little while shooting with nice people.

Attendees:

MisterTwo
tok762
YaBoyKGTho
Yatzee Squirrel
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Missed the last time.  In for this one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Tentatively down for this. Work has been doing a lot of Saturday’s, and with my being the FNG I can’t miss.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably not in the cards for me, I think I'm leaving for JRTC around that timeframe, but I'm in if I'm free.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]
definitely in
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s my weekend to be on call.  Ugh.

I’ll see if skinny pants wants some more call. Lol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Tentatively NI!
Possible new job, so we'll see how it pans out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang
Missed the last get together out there and going to miss this one too. Starting the road trip / vacation out Cola Warrior FO.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#9]
As far as I know I should be free and gonna try and make it.  Will update if it changes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the approximate round count?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the approximate round count?
View Quote

We generally have around 10-12 hits required per stage combined with a pistol & rifle. Keep in mind that targets can be as far out as 25yds with pistols & 150-175yds with a rifle. I generally like to have 2 10rd pistol mags and 1 25rd rifle mag ready for each stage lately. We aim for 5 stages.  Depending on your skill level, you may want to have more or less.

Edit: I'll add that we make use of a VTAC barricade frequently so shooting from different positions is pretty common. Stages are designed as we go through the day with input from everyone so I can't give an exact round count. If you're running a 22, be prepared to clear malfunctions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
In.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We generally have around 10-12 hits required per stage combined with a pistol & rifle. Keep in mind that targets can be as far out as 25yds with pistols & 150-175yds with a rifle. I generally like to have 2 10rd pistol mags and 1 25rd rifle mag ready for each stage lately. We aim for 5 stages.  Depending on your skill level, you may want to have more or less.

Edit: I'll add that we make use of a VTAC barricade frequently so shooting from different positions is pretty common. Stages are designed as we go through the day with input from everyone so I can't give an exact round count. If you're running a 22, be prepared to clear malfunctions.
View Quote

Cool!
So if I were to bring say 200 rounds total, then that should be more than enough? I haven’t done anything like this so forgive me if I seem like a total FNG.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cool!
So if I were to bring say 200 rounds total, then that should be more than enough? I haven’t done anything like this so forgive me if I seem like a total FNG.
View Quote

That should be fine. Last time I used a single pmag and maybe a couple mags for my pistol. We've cut down the round count from what we used to do without sacrificing the spirit of the match.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
These going to continue being a Saturday deal, or go back to Sunday's?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
These going to continue being a Saturday deal, or go back to Sunday's?

Just curious.
View Quote

I can't say I have a preference between Saturday and Sunday but lately a few have been camping out afterwards on Saturday night and shooting with night vision. I will say it is nice to hangout with everyone afterwards on Saturdays. If there's enough demand to move back to Sundays, we can do so.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In.

Tagging the usual suspects...

@gahunter95
@yaboykgtho
@0627Devildog
@yatzee squirrel
@50ttop
@boerseun
@billytehbob
@IHTFP08
View Quote

The tags don't be working. I think I'm gonna be out on this one with my kids. Bringing them this past weekend was tough enough not shooting. Can't in good conscience leave them with my gf all day either. 1st/3rd weekends of the month I'll make no problem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump to remind everyone the match is this Saturday. Looks like it should be nice and hot for us.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I was just informed that it's a no-go for me this weekend. Sister's birthday party saturday and hog butcher day Sunday. Sorry folks...next time.

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Well gents, it appears that I won’t be able to make it this weekend. We’re working Saturday, and being the FNG night shift supervisor I have to be there. Maybe next time
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I hate to be a flake, especially when I committed and was looking forward to going......But the house is getting painted and the heavy rains set back the painters, so they gotta be here today.  

My sincere apologies.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was just informed that it's a no-go for me this weekend. Sister's birthday party saturday and hog butcher day Sunday. Sorry folks...next time.

View Quote

Quoted:
Well gents, it appears that I won’t be able to make it this weekend. We’re working Saturday, and being the FNG night shift supervisor I have to be there. Maybe next time
View Quote

Quoted:
I hate to be a flake, especially when I committed and was looking forward to going......But the house is getting painted and the heavy rains set back the painters, so they gotta be here today.  

My sincere apologies.
View Quote

No worries guys. There's always next month.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My sincere apologies.
View Quote

You really don't want to actually get the trophy, do you?

Quoted:
I had some family stuff come up I've got to take care of today so I'm out. See y'all next time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it today. It was a small group but was still a ton of fun. The weather made things a bit more interesting. Thanks as always to Redwolf for target repairs, tables, canopies, etc and Emu for providing us a great space for get-togethers.

For next month, the 3rd weekend seemed to be the most requested so that will likely be the next date. I've had some requests to move back to Sunday as well so I thinking of the 22nd. Let me know what you guys think.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a great time today. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Definitely enjoyed it today even with the rain and learned a couple of lessons:

-When it is raining and everything is fogging up, wipe your optics BEFORE you go shoot if you want any hope of actually seeing through them

-Loctite all the things.

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible to get out and shoot today.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Wife made prior plans with me for my birthday this weekend, so I did not post up about not making yesterday’s round and just now checking in to see how things went. I’m interested in the next event to be scheduled.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it today. It was a small group but was still a ton of fun. The weather made things a bit more interesting. Thanks as always to Redwolf for target repairs, tables, canopies, etc and Emu for providing us a great space for get-togethers.

For next month, the 3rd weekend seemed to be the most requested so that will likely be the next date. I've had some requests to move back to Sunday as well so I thinking of the 22nd. Let me know what you guys think.
View Quote

I'm down for that weekend. No kids.

I'm partial to saturdays. allows for NV shenanigans on Sat night, then sunday to get home unpack etc.

Either way, there's a group that would likely come sat night anyways before a match.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm down for that weekend. No kids.

I'm partial to saturdays. allows for NV shenanigans on Sat night, then sunday to get home unpack etc.

Either way, there's a group that would likely come sat night anyways before a match.
View Quote

That would be absolutely fine with me!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top