Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 3:33:00 PM EDT
What is RMPs firearms policy? I’ve searched their website and came up with nothing.
I’m going there tomorrow morning. My pistol will be out of sight, out of mind.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is RMPs firearms policy? I’ve searched their website and came up with nothing.
I’m going there tomorrow morning. My pistol will be out of sight, out of mind.
View Quote

Don't care.  It's in Alabama.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been a few years since I went, but I believe they are against the rules. So of course, I respected that and didn't carry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No rule against open of concealed carry at RMP, at least when I was there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I sit on the park’s governing board and I am not aware of any restrictions. I carry there without a second thought and you shouldn’t have any issues. Heck, awhile back they were even looking at putting a firing range (police I think) on unused property.

I’ll try and look into it later and will update if I learn different.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sit on the park’s governing board and I am not aware of any restrictions. I carry there without a second thought and you shouldn’t have any issues. Heck, awhile back they were even looking at putting a firing range (police I think) on unused property.

I’ll try and look into it later and will update if I learn different.
View Quote

I know the executive director. I’ve never been to the park, I may look into going this summer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know the executive director. I’ve never been to the park, I may look into going this summer.
View Quote

T.C. Is a good dude.

PM me if you want some tips on which trails I prefer. They have some great routes there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

T.C. Is a good dude.

PM me if you want some tips on which trails I prefer. They have some great routes there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T.C. Is a good dude.

It’s probably been close to 10 years since I’ve seen him.

He turned pretty liberal in college, is he still pretty liberal?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s probably been close to 10 years since I’ve seen him.

He turned pretty liberal in college, is he still pretty liberal?
View Quote

If he is I can’t tell. Never brought politics up with me. Whatever his political beliefs I imagine he has to keep them to himself to an extent as he has to deal with a wide range of politicos in the Birmingham area and on his board.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for not replying sooner, but I carried there without a problem. That’s a gorgeous park and I want to go back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I ride the park often, have a small pistol. No worries.
I knew the head ranger at one time and they were going to put a small range on one in of the park for training. But they fired all the rangers so that’s out. I wonder who got the cool stuff they had?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top