Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2019 5:36:04 PM EDT
Representative Merika Coleman (D – Birmingham) wants to do something about gun violence in the state of Alabama.

On March 21, Coleman introduced HB265, also known as the Gun Violence Protective Order Act. If passed, this law would prohibit individuals who are found by the court to be a legitimate threat to themselves or others from owning, possessing, using, or receiving a firearm for up to one year.

Link to full story
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh hell no. That plague is spreading and I hope not to Bama.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish they would actually clarify what the court deems threat vs non-threat.  Playing devil's advocate, there has been several mass shooting where ppl close to the shooter never thought it would happen in a million year i.e. Vegas Shooting  IMO I think we need to invest more on mental health exposure.  Make it known like HIV or those anti-vaxers.  Teach the public obvious signs of mental disorder or depresssion AND how to help those in needs.  Like the medical field we need to focus more on preventative measure i.e. public knowledge instead of reactive measure from hysteria.  just my .02
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
What an unqualified scumbag she is....yet here she is because of the cesspool she represents.

Unreal how somebody like this could be in a position to screw over so many citizens of the State.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Merika Coleman is a sad joke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What an unqualified scumbag she is....yet here she is because of the cesspool she represents.

Unreal how somebody like this could be in a position to screw over so many citizens of the State.
View Quote
She got there by court mandated voting districts.  The sad part is that she introduced this because she doesn't trust her voters.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

She got there by court mandated voting districts.  The sad part is that she introduced this because she doesn't trust her voters.
View Quote
Just like her overlords wanted too

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Please get calling/writing.  If someone is too dangerous to have a gun, it's the person that needs to be acted on and not the gun.  There are a million ways to Tuesday that a person who truly represents a "legitimate threat" could cause great harm even if guns are taken away.   We must focus on the person and not the hardware.  This is also potentially open to abuse in conditions similar to SWATting or political rivalry and will potentially put our peace officers in harms way necessarily.

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/aliswww/ISD/House/ALRepresentatives.aspx

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/aliswww/ISD/Senate/ALSenators.aspx
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Right.  I've gotten a letter into my legislators.  Anyone else hit them yet?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got in touch with my senator and my rep.

Senator got back with me, nothing from the rep yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do I get the impression that she is a Victim/Instigator of Domestic Violence?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Know Thy Enemy: Straight Outta Compton
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've emailed both. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll email tomorrow.   After the last go round with contacting these guys I'm not feeling good about hearing back.  I'll call next.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#15]
This "Red Flag" manure ain't going to sit well with a lot of my kin in Huntsville, no sir!

The whole premise for disarming us is a lie – if they cared about “gun crime” they would sweep the ghettos in the Democrat-run cities and lock up the drug dealers and gangbangers who so frequently manage to miss the fellow scumbag they are popping caps off at and instead shoot a kid or an old lady coming home from church. But they don’t truly care about “gun crime.” That’s just another lie. They care about us hard-working, rule-playing citizens having a recourse to the tyranny they dream of. That’s the only threat they care about, not criminals.
View Quote
Col. Kurt Schlicter, USA (ret)

Work Hard, Play By The Rules...and Get Hated?

IMHO, this is just another page from the on-going  'Playbook' of the Bolshevik Communists. Like Col. Schlicter mentions, these people are DESTROYERS. They build nothing, but seek to tear down and obliterate. Been doing it (and murdering 200M) since 1917. They have no goal, outcome, or future. If you are a believer, they are part and parcel of The Evil One-The Father of All Lies.

It's just like when The President was up here at a rally in Lebanon, Ohio, a few days ago, and he praised General Robert E. Lee as a great general and down-played Mr. Lincoln. The Bolshies and their allies: MSM, Hollyweird, and Academia went into conniptions. They not only want to destroy us, but even history as well. That will not happen on our watch. Take THAT to the bank.

Any student of American history KNOWS FULL WELL that General Lee WAS not only a great General, but a great American! Just like Thomas J. Jackson was.

Men--as General Jackson said to his beloved 1st Brigade: "...in this our Third War of Independence...."

BE
THE
1st Brigade!

Gods and Generals: General Jackson's Farewell Speech to his Brigade (HD)
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Had a good chat about this with folks at a local republican breakfast this weekend.  Most folks were without a clue.  Key point that seemed to resonate most:

"Red Flag / Extreme Risk Protection Order is when we lock up the gun but let the guy who might do something bad go free.  If a guy is really dangerous maybe we should take custody of the guy while we figure things out instead of the gun, so he doesn't run people over with a truck, shoot people with a gun they didn't find, or take a bunch of pills to kill himself."

Also they paused to reflect on the discussion of the Maryland shooting and you could tell they were thinking "what if that happens to me".

The issue is definitely under the radar for most folks, so spread the word where you can.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top