Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2020 2:43:00 PM EDT
Ohioan here asking for a friend who recently relocated down to Lithia (which I understand is east of Tampa) and really isn't computer/internet savvy.

He's looking to buy a new safe for his place and wasn't sure if there were any reputable/recommended safe dealers in the area (Lithia, Brandon or even east side of Tampa) - I'm hoping the Florida HTF can provide some help/suggestions. He's somewhat partial to Liberty safes but I'll take any recommendations even if they aren't a Liberty dealer.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Action Safe (or action safe lock and key. Something like that) on Gunn Hwy. Ed is a Liberty dealer and they are good people. They also have a lot of good deals on used TL30x6 safes if you want a real safe.

I recommend going there in person. They are not phone people and you will get the wrong impression (I did) if you talk over the phone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea about a dealer near Tampa but I have been very happy with my sturdy safe.
Shipping from sturdy to my garage was less than what I had been quoted for delivery locally.
Check them out on YouTube then have your buddy call for a quote. They often have a special not listed on the site.
I got an upgrade to 5ga steel and a small discount for b stock last time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Most firearms safes are just fire rated and not burglary rated.  If you want a true burglary rated safe, it needs a TL rating or a 6x6x6 and they are not cheap.  No matter what safe you have makes sure your guns are insured and. Check that your homeowners policy will cover them because a lot do not.  I was in the safe industry for 13 years and if you know what you’re doing, they are all easy to get in
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Action Safe (or action safe lock and key. Something like that) on Gunn Hwy. Ed is a Liberty dealer and they are good people. They also have a lot of good deals on used TL30x6 safes if you want a real safe.

I recommend going there in person. They are not phone people and you will get the wrong impression (I did) if you talk over the phone.
View Quote
This. They delivered my Liberty Safe. Great people
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Action delivered my Liberty 23 15 years ago … I need it moved from Brandon to Riverview … I have talked with Ed a few times about my move , it's about 3fity ... i tell him to see if we can combine a trip and he has been good about  the idea … my safe is about 560 lbs. I think. If you really want it bad enough you can always steal it but it would take some risky business
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments - I will pass them on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top