Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2022 1:11:26 AM EDT
I currently have a Colt 6920 upper that I want to have re-barreled. I have a Colt Commando 11.5 barrel, new gas tube, Geissele gas block, and Geissele rail I would like to put on it. I’m fairly handy, but have never done this before. This rifle is going to be my work gun, which means it is going to be carried into harm’s way on a very regular basis. I need this rifle to be 100% reliable, I don’t want to take it to some random smith with no idea of the quality of his work.

Do you guys have a recommendation for me? I live in Buckeye, but am willing to drive anywhere in Maricopa County.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this gun yours or does it belong to a govt agency?  If it is yours, there are NFA issues even if it is being used in the course your work.  If it is a govt agencies, then have them make the swap.  If it is a true colt barrel, all you should have to do is check the buffer and go.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeff Covino at Arizona Armory  is the one you seek ,he will make sure your legal and GTG .
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is this gun yours or does it belong to a govt agency?  If it is yours, there are NFA issues even if it is being used in the course your work.  If it is a govt agencies, then have them make the swap.  If it is a true colt barrel, all you should have to do is check the buffer and go.
View Quote

It’s personally owned and I’m quite familiar with the NFA. My lower is getting a Form 1 shortly. Thanks though. And ya, it’s a virgin Colt Commando barrel and will also be getting a Geissele Super Gas Block and Geissele Federal Rail.

Quoted:
Jeff Covino at Arizona Armory  is the one you seek ,he will make sure your legal and GTG .
View Quote

Nice, this looks like the ticket! As soon as my Form 1 is approved, I’ll be hitting him up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top