View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://sheparms.com

Rob is a pro

Wow. $400 to rebarrel a $25 rifle.

I had a feeling this was a Walmart/CDNN .300 Blackout conversion...

It's a bit north of Albany, but you might try Rich's Gun Shop in Donald. They do all sorts of gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
g
Quoted:

It's a bit north of Albany, but you might try Rich's Gun Shop in Donald. They do all sorts of gunsmithing.
View Quote

Rich's would charge you that much if not more.   I was charged $85 to drill one hole in the top tang of a lever gun.  The rear sight fell out while he did it and wouldn't put it back in. He just put in a zip lock bag. There's many others that have had less than favorable experiences.  I'm sure there are others that think otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
g

Rich's would charge you that much if not more.   I was charged $85 to drill one hole in the top tang of a lever gun.  The rear sight fell out while he did it and wouldn't put it back in. He just put in a zip lock bag. There's many others that have had less than favorable experiences.  I'm sure there are others that think otherwise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
g
Quoted:

Thank you for that data point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a bit of a drive, but you might try Velzey at Copeland Custom Gunworks in Estacada. I have heard nothing but good things about his work from everyone on NWFA.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/resources/copeland-custom-gunworks.190/

Copeland Custom Gunworks
5.00 star(s)
36 ratings
475 SE Main St, Estacada, OR 97023
(503) 957-5231

Need Gunsmithing work? We're a full service shop! Call us at 503-957-5231 or message @Velzey here on Northwest Firearms.
Revolver Action Jobs
Semi Auto Trigger Jobs
Custom Sight Work
Drilling & Tapping
Barrel & Action Bedding
Recoil Pad Replacement
Custom Parts Manufacturing
Barrel Threading for Muzzle Brakes or Suppressors
Tig Welding
Chamber Reaming
Barrel Replacement
Bead Blasting - Parkerizing - Bluing - Cerakoting
M1 Garand, 1903, M1 carbine, FN FAL, the list goes on! We re-barrel them all!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried out Guncrafters in Salem, quoted upwards of $150. Was told I’d maybe be third in line so it might get worked on the coming weekend. A few weeks later I get the call.
Head spaced right up. That’ll be $45! Well worth the wait and as pleasant an exchange as ever.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Another huge vote for Copeland's Custom Gunsmithing! Tim is a great guy and very talented!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top