Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2021 2:24:27 PM EDT
My daughter and her family are looking for a cabin on a lake up north.  Yeah, I know, who isn't. They've been kicking around the idea for awhile and she decided if they don't do it now, they never will.  What I was wondering is if anyone has the name of a DECENT realtor that's familiar with waterfront property up north - up north according to her is north of Wausau and preferably in the eastern half of the state.  Her primary concern is a good lake (not shallow and at least 200 acres).   I told her I'd see if anyone here happens to know the name of some realtors that know the market and aren't sheenies.  They live in Oregon so it's a little  
bit of a drive to go cruising the area regularly so maybe a realtor up there might have some leads for them to follow.  She said they're ready to move on one if found.  Any help would be appreciated.  Plus, then I can get their boat out of my shed!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:50:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2021 5:54:06 PM EDT by rfb45colt]
I just spent 30 damn minutes typing out an IM, with a list of about 15-20 very good ones in the Eagle River/Three Lakes/St. Germain/Land O Lakes areas, complete with links to their offices. I've known most of them for decades. I went to send it to you, and the message bounced back because of "image code failure". The 'Captha' thing at the bottom of each message. I entered the correct code, double checked it... but it failed anyway. And... the message I typed is gone into a cyberspace black hole as well.

I forgot to "copy" it before sending, as this same shit happens almost every fucking time I try to send a IM here.

I'll try it again tomorrow... I'm too pissed off to do it now.

EDIT: I just found the message by "back paging" a few times, and resent it! I think it went through this time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:55:59 PM EDT
Congrats - it came through!  Thanks for the effort, I'll fwd. it to my daughter.  I owe ya a beer.  Ok, an Old Fashioned.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:34:45 PM EDT
Best guy I know sent friends to and even a guy here to and everyone likes him and trusts him.
I trust him completely

Chris Hiller buy north
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:40:03 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Best guy I know sent friends to and even a guy here to and everyone likes him and trusts him.
I trust him completely

Chris Hiller buy north
View Quote

Thanks, I'll pass that on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:01:48 AM EDT
Unfortunately.... all the best realtors in the world are useless if there's absolutely nothing for sale.

nada, zilch, zip...

Even the available upper 6-figure/7-figure lakeside palaces are getting scarce...

Nothing but vacant land to build on (and that's not cheap now either), but then there's the high cost of lumber, and unavailability of people to build it for you, to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:43:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2021 10:49:37 AM EDT by 9divdoc]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:
Unfortunately.... all the best realtors in the world are useless if there's absolutely nothing for sale.

nada, zilch, zip...

Even the available upper 6-figure/7-figure lakeside palaces are getting scarce...

Nothing but vacant land to build on (and that's not cheap now either), but then there's the high cost of lumber, and unavailability of people to build it for you, to deal with.
View Quote

Yep and exactly what Chris told me the other day...same with S Dakota ...little to no product for sale...prices sky high.

Yep and why we ended up selling our lake lot

We would have had over a million into the place if we built our specked out house...so now we hold and wait...and hope we live long enough to make a move to greener pastures.

Good thread on timber prices

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Lumber-prices-my-opinion-as-a-forester/5-2446268/
Top Top