Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2021 11:12:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex0331]
I might have a chance to get to check out a northern Maine area for a bit and curious as to where to shoot if I drive up and set aside range time. I can see that I won't have a mile long range to play on and all

I checked the goggles and it seems not to show any ranges in northern Maine.

Is this the case?

Helpfully input please.

Area interested in is called Dovefox croft area. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That's 3 hours South of me...

"Northern Maine"

If you ever get up North we have a couple ranges - but nothing long-range.  They are club based and member only.  

No indoor anything up here.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
How far North is "North".  I belong to a nice rifle/pistol range called "Great Farms Rifle Club" in Jackson, ME. That's northwest of Belfast/mid-coastal.  Berms out to 300 yard berms with steel targets.

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
So mid-Maine has now become "Northern Maine"  Guess we just truly are Canadian up here in Aroostook County ie Northern Maine.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Portland south is now Northern Massachusetts so we have to adjust.

I lived for years in Old Town and didn't consider myself in central Maine.  Northern Maine is north of Houlton, in my mind.

Heck, Millinocket is geographically central Maine.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LESPAUL1] [#7]
Anything north of Bangor was Northern Maine for years. I drove to Presque Isle every night for a loooong time and looked forward to passing the Bangor mall. Free running from there.

Rangely going northwest was western Maine, not northern at all.

Dover-foxcroft was just up a bit and not northern anywhere.

We had a 1 mile range in Sumner as long as nobody was working in the pit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:
That's 3 hours South of me...

"Northern Maine"

If you ever get up North we have a couple ranges - but nothing long-range.  They are club based and member only.  

No indoor anything up here.  

View Quote

houlton has an indoor range. just one lane and it is LOUD(snail trap AR400 bullet stop, so pistol only and only 20 yards max). Swing on down some time ill hook you up with a tour. Right by the S&W factory/border crossing.

@BoRdErBaCoN
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:

houlton has an indoor range. just one lane and it is LOUD(snail trap AR400 bullet stop, so pistol only and only 20 yards max). Swing on down some time ill hook you up with a tour. Right by the S&W factory/border crossing.

@BoRdErBaCoN
View Quote

We use the outdoor PD range right handy to there quite a bit.  I'd love to take a spin on the S&W range.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:

@BoRdErBaCoN
View Quote

Never knew there was an indoor range up there. Swung by the factory for a photo-op when we were up to camp over Labor Day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cabinetman:
How far North is "North".  I belong to a nice rifle/pistol range called "Great Farms Rifle Club" in Jackson, ME. That's northwest of Belfast/mid-coastal.  Berms out to 300 yard berms with steel targets.

View Quote

This looks like a nice club. What are typical wait times to get entry?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:16:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#12]
Originally Posted By hickunit:
So mid-Maine has now become "Northern Maine"  Guess we just truly are Canadian up here in Aroostook County ie Northern Maine.....
View Quote

Tell me about it! Us county boys are a different breed than the "southerners".

Folks tell me I sound like a Canadian Irishman...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top