Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2021 9:25:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Much cooler and wetter than usual in the Permian.

Mosquitos are like I've never seen out here, I feel like I'm in Houston again.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Richmond Tx 11 inches last week. Year total not sure but it's to fucking much
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like more rain than normal, and Lake Travis has been steady around 666 feet for a month, which is higher than it usually is in July...  But the global climate nazis still say we are in a a historic drought and the lakes will never be full ever again.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like more rain than normal, and Lake Travis has been steady around 666 feet for a month, which is higher than it usually is in July...  But the global climate nazis still say we are in a a historic drought and the lakes will never be full ever again.
View Quote

Well, they’ll never be “full again” because they’re likely being used at a much higher capacity than designed, but that won’t bother them.

NW Houston seems fairly wet for this time of year but not crazy. Maybe a touch on the cooler side too, but not by much.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
On Saturday I went to Mansfield to watch a fireworks display with my brother and nephew.  My brother and I took battery-powered fans in case it was hot, but we left them in the truck.  I don't recall any 4th of July that was as cool as this one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Like almost everyone else, we were waterlogged in May. That has taken a 180 degree turn for June.  While other areas around us are about 1 1/2" short for June, we are tucked in a small area that only had 0.3" measurable rainfall in June, so we are about 3 1/2" short for the month.

I've got a half acre of new sod and the water bill to keep it alive is going to be brutal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, they’ll never be “full again” because they’re likely being used at a much higher capacity than designed, but that won’t bother them.

NW Houston seems fairly wet for this time of year but not crazy. Maybe a touch on the cooler side too, but not by much.
View Quote

The Climate Change Chicken Littles have been saying that Lake Travis will never be full again for the past 20 years...  Except that it's been OVER the "full" level, which is 681 feet, at least TWICE in that period of time, for fairly extended periods like several months at a time.

Basically what I'm saying is they've cried "wolf" enough times that I just don't see how they have any credibility with anyone anymore.  Or more bluntly, they are obviously full of $#!+ and they don't know what they are talking about, or just plain liars.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I think officially we have gotten a fuck ton. But my damn front yard still looks like its in a drought.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Climate Change Chicken Littles have been saying that Lake Travis will never be full again for the past 20 years...  Except that it's been OVER the "full" level, which is 681 feet, at least TWICE in that period of time, for fairly extended periods like several months at a time.

Basically what I'm saying is they've cried "wolf" enough times that I just don't see how they have any credibility with anyone anymore.  Or more bluntly, they are obviously full of $#!+ and they don't know what they are talking about, or just plain liars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not disagreeing with you at all in that their "declarations" certainly hold little to no water (ha!) for a variety of reasons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
May and June were wet, but July was mostly dry; only 1.88".

Plenty of rain popping up all around us, but very little fell here. Still, the creeks are running and the tank is full and running around the dam. Not bad for the beginning of August, not bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
We are on the western edge of the Hill Country. Annual rainfall for us is around 24 inches. Last year only 17.5 in town; about the same at our ranch we live on.

This year a bit over 12 inches in town; we are much less on the ranch. Less than one inch here at the ranch since the first week of June. The storms keep going around us. Grass is pretty crunchy.

Good news; it has generally been a cooler summer; 65 degrees here this morning. No mosquitoes (normally we get none unless a massive rain) but a bumper crop of grasshoppers the last two months. They are even stripping some of the mesquite trees..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top