Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2022 8:30:27 AM EDT
This morning at 5:45 am DKing passed away after a long and painful fight with several health issues. As per his request there will be no service. When his obituary is posted I will put a link here. He was a brilliant and wonderful human being who always put his friends and clients needs before his own. He has been one of my very best friends for over 15 years and this morning there is a hole in my heart, a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes that will not go away anytime soon.

He is in a far better place and is no longer in pain. For that I am happy.

Link to DKing’s obituary
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Pass along my condolences to his family!! He was a solid dude!
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This morning at 5:45 am DKing passed away after a long and painful fight with several health issues. As per his request there will be no service. When his obituary is posted I will put a link here. He was a brilliant and wonderful human being who always put his friends and clients needs before his own. He has been one of my very best friends for over 15 years and this morning there is a hole in my heart, a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes that will not go away anytime soon.

View Quote

My sincerest condolences Steve.  As much as some comfort can be found that he is no longer in pain, it rarely eases the pain for those left behind.  Very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  Sorry to hear this.  Sorry for your loss Emu.

Doug was one smart dude and was very generous with his time and knowledge.  The 2a community lost a good person.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My condolences to his family and friends.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Doug represented me in federal court as the first case ever heard there for accidentally passing a firearm through security at Hartsfield-Jackson.

Mine, and everyone else’s case that day, turned out better than it could have due to his knowledge and ability to articulate facts.

Condolences to his family.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember when he was a regular on the GA hometown forum.  We also had just a few interactions in our shared legal profession; primarily cross referrals for clients and friends.  It has been a number of years since we spoke.

I always thought he was not only a very good young lawyer, but a wonderful person as well.

I am very sorry to hear of his passing.  Damn.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doug represented me in federal court as the first case ever heard there for accidentally passing a firearm through security at Hartsfield-Jackson.

Mine, and everyone else’s case that day, turned out better than it could have due to his knowledge and ability to articulate facts.

Condolences to his family.
View Quote

He was a master tactician when it came to legal matters! I have witnessed it too, for my benefit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm too new here to have known him but my condolences to his family and friends.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
My condolences.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, hate to hear of Doug's passing. Haven't spoken to him in many years. He turned me on to some of the best hot dogs in Henry Co back in the day.
RIP DKing!
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh no, that sucks. I met him at some GCO events many years ago, he was a very nice person.

RIP
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I know he had young kids, or maybe young teens by now.

sucks so bad
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sad to hear this.
When I talked to Doug a couple months back he told me he was doing poorly but was looking forward to getting better.
Such a great mind gone to soon.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I only knew him through reading posts here in the HTF. Although I never met him or needed his services, I could see he was held in high regard among the folks who interacted with him. Sure hate to see good folks go, especially when there are so few in line to step up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Doug King was a good man, and the world is worse off without him in it. I know he was a believer, and I truly hope he’s enjoying his conversations with Jesus.

Doug helped dig me out of a hole that was the worst year of my life. I had just started BigDawg Tactical in ‘06 (y’all should remember the days of me hooking up the HTF on gear). Early ‘07 my aunt dies. A month later my grandmother dies. A month later my now ex-wife whom I’d nursed back to health from fighting cancer for several years tried to commit suicide for a 2nd time.

He told me the Lord would forgive me for leaving her, and that it was not my burden to bear to force a marriage to work. He gave me sage advice - give her everything she wants, make it an uncontested divorce, and that I could be divorced in under 30 days. He made it happen for the low, low cost of a CCMG SPR upper with Daniel Defense light rail and $500 cash. Best gun deal I ever did.

RIP Doug King. I’m so glad I texted him recently on his birthday. I certainly didn’t think it would be the last time we ever spoke.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
i knew Doug personally, he was a good and decent man. He helped me through a shooting i was involved in and with a recent divorce, he called often to check on me and the boys. i will miss miss him he knew Jesus, so he is in a better place
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know he had young kids, or maybe young teens by now.

sucks so bad
View Quote

Yes, 2 kids, now 14 & 12. Time flies!!! Both are incredibly smart (they obviously took after their dad) and are a joy to be around. Any one of us would be proud to call them our own. They are Doug’s legacy, and speak highly of his passion for fatherhood!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#19]
So many HTF OG's gone.  Breaks my heart, it's why I don't come around here more.  I have to change the phone # on my mag now.  Yes, Doug taught me that. RIP sir, you will leave a hole in the polite society.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#20]
RIP,  I didn't have the need to utilize his services, but remember him from when he participated in the GA Hometown forum long ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#21]
sorry for your loss, Emu. may He rest in peace & you find comfort in having him in your life.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers for Doug's family, he was a good man and a passionate member of our community.  I remember taking a Utah concealed class at his house years ago.  Sorry for your loss Emu.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I knew Doug pretty well . We went to Alabama and picked up a car he bought as well as some other things. He took the picture of Opie the possum at the state line years ago. Had not heard from him in the last couple years . Sad to hear this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I referred out Doug quite a few times over the years. He always took care of business, just as I told my friends that he would. Sad to hear this news. He was a good guy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Doug was a great guy.  He was the one who jumped through all the legal hoops of helping make the GA-15 project a reality.  Since we were using the GA state seal on it, he drafted the paperwork to the Governor's office to get official permission to use it.

Most don't know it but Doug had the most unique GA-15 made.  The Serial Number of his GA-15 was his GA Bar license number.  

He will be missed for sure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Doug King? When I was a Court Deputy in Cobb County I was friends with an attorney named Doug King. Is this the same attorney? Doug at one point moved to Alaska to practice law. He only stayed out there about a year.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Doug King? When I was a Court Deputy in Cobb County I was friends with an attorney named Doug King. Is this the same attorney? Doug at one point moved to Alaska to practice law. He only stayed out there about a year.
View Quote

Yep, that's him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep, that's him.
View Quote

Damn :( he was a great guy. We have them appt of baby stuff when they had a baby years ago.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So many HTF OG's gone.  Breaks my heart, it's why I don't come around here more.  I have to change the phone # on my mag now.  Yes, Doug taught me that. RIP sir, you will leave a hole in the polite society.
View Quote

There were some great g2gs around 09-10.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn!  I hate to hear that.  I think it was his 500S&W mag snub I shot at one of the HTf shoots.  What a great guy.  I’ll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
condolences to the family. He did a lot of good in the Georgia 2A community, sad to hear of his passing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#34]
That sucks to hear. RIP Doug.

I loved reading his posts. Always thoughtful. When he first moved to Alaska, he posted some amazing pictures. I remember seeing some giant blackberries that he picked from his backyard.

I referred my sister and BIL to him when their son got arrested on consecutive weekends doing stupid things. Doug was able to get him out of them mostly unscathed.

I took the Utah concealed carry course from him at the Gwinnett County Airport. IIRC, he was pocket carrying a S&W 500.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#35]
RIP Doug
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Doug was a fantastic guy who I met with a few times, personally and professionally.  He was great in both capacities.  Quick witted, big hearted.
Is there any sort of fund or assistance for his children set up?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#37]
What an awesome obit! Thanks for sharing it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Rest in peace Mr. Doug King.  Prayers for your family.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Sad to hear this............Doug was a great guy and gave me lots of sound advice during our talks
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Doug represented me in an auto crash claim that turned out quite nicely.

Always a gentleman and a great legal mind and friend.

RIP sir.

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Rest easy Doug.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I hate to see this. I used to enjoy his post.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn, I hate that. He did my NFA trust for me, and seemed like a really good dude.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Man sorry to hear about Doug's passing. He was a good dude
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Really liked him, stand up guy, he adopted a rescue cat from us.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn

Not what I wanted to see when coming in here. We used to live a few miles from each other in Marietta

Anyone remember the hot dog eating competition in McDonough for the guy who had a double lung transplant?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I was there for the hot dog eating contest. It was typical Doug King to combine fun and good deeds. I was also amazed at the turnout. Every seat taken and standing room only. It was actually the first time I got to meet him face to face. My son and I attended to thank him for advising us when Emu Jr. accidentally took a knife to school and was charged with a felony as a minor. Also typical of DKing, he refused any sort of compensation, and his advice was absolutely spot on.

I spent much of Friday with his widow cataloging his firearms in preparation to sell most them. Due to unforeseen circumstances she is likely to lose their home. I cannot elaborate further, and do not know when/if they will be available for purchase.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm seeing a lot of names in this thread that I haven't seen in a LONG time. DKing was a good one for sure. He helped a lot of folks on this forum.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks Emu for sharing the obit.  My condolences.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top