Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 4:41:28 PM EDT
...concerning defective products ordered on the internet.  If an item is ordered from another state and it arrives defective (manufacturers defect), who is responsible for return shipping?

It seems there was something in MO law about this, but my serch-fu is weak today if it is....

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like Missouri law might not be binding on a company based elsewhere.

You'd likely have to file suit in order to compel their action. If you decided to sue you would be able to file suit in your location or theirs.

I don't know of anything in the Missouri Revised Statutes that say who pays shipping for commercial or warranty transactions. I'm not saying that their isn't a statute, just that I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, maybe I'm just experiencing a case of wishful thinking....

I know there are laws on the national level pertaining to implied warranties.  This case definitely is covered by that.  It's a small item from eBay and not worth suing or fighting over, but I've ordered a ton of stuff the last month or so and it just seems that there is an issue with every second or third order I've made (not just eBay).  Wrong items, missing items, package mis-routed by shipping company.....  So I guess I'm feeling a little bit like an A-hole and seeing how far I can push this seller to take care of this with out me paying for shipping back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top