Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2018 8:40:48 PM EDT
Younger cousin of mine in Oregon got this black powder revolver from an older gentlemen for doing some yard work. Apparently it is missing a couple screws...a trigger assembly screw and another somewhere.

I know very little about BP revolvers...but I know it's not considered a firearm right? So a teenager can own it no problem? And no NICS check even in Oregon with their new UBC laws?

Anyway what can you tell me about it? What model? Value? I assume not much.

Old guy said if he got it fixed, he could bring it back over and he'd teach him how to shoot it. Really nice offer if you ask me! I just don't want my cousin bringing it to a gun store to get it fixed/looked at if it's kinda illegal ha.

Thanks for any info!

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like an 1860 Colt army. Probably an Italian replica. Look for markings. Probably pietta. I doubt a gun store could fix it or have parts. Probably Dixie gun works or  directly from pietta, I think they have a web site.
I don't know much about Oregon law regarding these, but I know the way the law is worded a felon in Oregon can't have these, for that purpose it's treated the same as a firearm. You need to research it, they may not let children own muzzle loader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top