Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2020 6:03:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Part of the crowd was "Kentucky is Open for Business" group on Facebook.  It is the most active group that I have found so far.  It is made of people that want to be working and business owners that want to be open.  Some of it is people pissed over Beshear's violation of Section 5 of the Kentucky Bill of Rights.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kentuckyisopenforbusiness/?fref=nf

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Things like this make me wish I had a Facebook page - somewhat.  

Does anybody know of any upcoming rallies / meetings?

Does anybody want to discuss organizing one?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does anybody know of any upcoming rallies / meetings?

View Quote

Nothing that I have seen yet.  The weather is warming and all these people are unemployed...the protests are going to grow unless Andy releases a good plan on re-opening.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here is the thing, Facebook sucks and is run by liberals but part of the reason it got that way is because Conservatives refused to use it.  Over the last decade they tuned the platform towards their audience, which was primarily liberals.  The platform is still open to conservatives and it is a great way to connect with like minded people.  Anyone that wants to be active and involved needs to have an account because that is the fastest way to get information.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here is the thing, Facebook sucks and is run by liberals but part of the reason it got that way is because Conservatives refused to use it.  Over the last decade they tuned the platform towards their audience, which was primarily liberals.  The platform is still open to conservatives and it is a great way to connect with like minded people.  Anyone that wants to be active and involved needs to have an account because that is the fastest way to get information.
View Quote

I’m well aware of all that, and I agree. Well, I don’t agree that it’s ran by liberals. I think it’s ran by leftists.

There’s a different reason that I don’t have a Facebook account.

I’m still interested in some peaceful assembly, so please post anything that you see that might be getting organized.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%.  My page has basically been stagnant for 15 yrs.  No longer.  Reading "Rules for Radicals" has shed some new light for me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Part of the crowd was "Kentucky is Open for Business" group on Facebook.  It is the most active group that I have found so far.  It is made of people that want to be working and business owners that want to be open.  Some of it is people pissed over Beshear's violation of Section 5 of the Kentucky Bill of Rights.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kentuckyisopenforbusiness/?fref=nf

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93228871_10157522519729069_6522775461024497664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=Iewu-3tUZTQAX8g1S0h&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=0f91a83bda3f1ac7a8e03032a5649364&oe=5EBD7810

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93702752_10157522520144069_4672373128930787328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=i7d2-lYKgSMAX8xtu__&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=24516438268e8e83c142391d50f97a82&oe=5EBB4FF7

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93104599_10157522517159069_3489652522749001728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=Pk2kKpRRQGsAX_737Gi&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=7a562ccb325b6d2ce7d103019cfe665d&oe=5EBE5DE7

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93777879_10157522517304069_6601655421633560576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=t4FCGoU1BZoAX9byISi&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=f36ae8c49441e1c546d08c0da05f3d2f&oe=5EBD8708

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93382875_10157522518429069_3040629003510611968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=9HlahRxl2JwAX_aZJXd&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=10ec633186fc3efb19ed58765ecddf9b&oe=5EBBA124
View Quote

Thanks for the link to the wastebook page
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

@SWIRE

What the hell?  I applied for the membership to the group... then go back to it... now it's shut down.  

Can anyone who is a member confirm this?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@SWIRE

What the hell?  I applied for the membership to the group... then go back to it... now it's shut down.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SWIRE

Coincidentally, after I filled out the "survey" I was surfing around on some local facebook pages and found a couple of teachers that were basically Arocking the organizer of the protest along with her business info and such.  There was a movement to flag the page as inappropriate.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Below are comments from a doomer's page... makes me sick.  The Liberals are MUCH better at this than we are.

I suggest you look and see which “friends” of yours belong to the “Kentucky is Open for Business” group, whose members showed their level of class by protesting during our Governor’s speech today.
I promptly unfriended all of you. #shaawing

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kentuckyisopenforbusiness

Becca Gadley Jessica Magneto Short more then likely. I've seen stuff all over my Facebook about then protesting but nothing is saying what they are protesting

TheUltimate Matthew Jeremy Smith Denial, willful ignorance, willfully cruel.

Teresa Jones Well now I have to go look and see who's on there ??

Jessica Magneto Short Teresa Jones I unfriended 3.

Teresa Jones Jessica Magneto Short I didn't see any mutual friends on the list. I might not have looked in the right place. I wouldn't be surprised if some people I know join that group though. Lots of bull headed, crazy thinking around here. I wish people would just be open minded and listen

Amber Desirae None of my friends thank goodness. But that Sally Oh lady who made the group was a person who said proudly that she would be at church on Easter Sunday. Justin Epley what did she say when you messaged her again?

Janet Woodall Corum The leader had been a Bevin appointee to some board and she owns Lexington Overstock Warehouse.

Destanie Weatherford Luckily I have no friends in that group. But please let us know if there are any local businesses associated.

Jessica Magneto Short Destanie I’ll be keeping an eye out.

Jessica Bailey How do I find out if I have friends in it? Short of going through all the members names

Jessica Magneto Short Jessica If you click where it shows the number of members, it will take you to a page where you can click “see all” to find out if you have any friends that are part of the group. It also shows you who from Madisonville (or wherever you live) is part of it as well.

Christy Brooks Ahhhhh! I went to see if any of my friends were members and somehow requested to be a member! ???? Be careful when checking and don’t make the same mistake I did! I repeatedly hit the “Cancel Request” button!!! ??

Christy Brooks Also, they just posted an announcement of a new, “private” group! Snowflakes! ??????

Jessica Magneto Short Christy I bet a LOT of Kentuckians are flooding that group and it’s members with “WTFs” ??

Christy Brooks Jessica...Yep, they are all crying about the people who don’t agree with them being able to comment or laugh at their comments! Just goes to show, they are not standing up for others, just themselves!

Jessica Magneto Short This guy was there! He’s a pastor asking people in this group to come help him defend himself against people posting on his page who are angry about the actions taken today by protestors.

Chad Estes Man I shouldn't have but I couldn't help but read some of these dumb shit's posts on this dumb ass group. I hope every single one of those pricks' moms get herpes on the center of their asshole.

Steven Jett It's not just Kentucky. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an organized campaign.poleznyye idioty for the Trump2020 crew.
https://www.cnn.com/.../trey-hollingsworth.../index.html
This doesn't just happen to New Yawk cityfolk. Shout out to my cousin whose parents are very ill right now.

Jessica Leonard It's showing as "unavailable" to me. Did they change their privacy setting?

Rhonda Sue Foster
4 hrs ·
Meet Kentucky's SCABS on their public facebook page, Kentucky is Open for Business. It's time to Boycott, Bankrupt and Brand these self serving business owners/SCABS who put MONEY OVER PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
None of that surprises me at all.

I’m not saying we cower and hide for fear of being doxed by our political adversaries. However, in my opinion, there needs to be some organization and coordination that happens in person prior to any social media stuff.  Too many people have their actual names or businesses associated with their Facebook accounts. Perhaps it would be prudent to have some alias accounts for social media, and to encourage others (in person) to do the same.

I highly encourage anybody who is interested to seek out groups of like-minded people who meet up in person about once a week.  Some of the best plans are made off line, which can help to avoid situations like that group is apparently going through right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@SWIRE

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SWIRE

The group has been Archived.  Existing members can still see the previous posts but no new posts can be made.  Not sure what has happened or why this was done.  

They started a new private group.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/openky/?ref=gs&fref=gs&dti=223560945422177&hc_location=group

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#13]
This site and its members are actively being watched due to wanting to form rallys and go against the governors albeit it correct legal but morally and unconstitutionally wrong orders.

Be warned.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This site and its members are actively being watched due to wanting to form rallys and go against the governors albeit it correct legal but morally and unconstitutionally wrong orders.

Be warned.

View Quote

Which site are you referring to? Ky  Arfcom or wastebook open for business?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Be warned.

View Quote

Considering a legislator from the House came out to speak with people at the event yesterday...the authoritarian fascists watching this site can suck it.  I dare them to lock up a state legislator who joined in the right to assemble and the right to speak.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Which site are you referring to? Ky  Arfcom or wastebook open for business?
View Quote

Arfcom
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Considering a legislator from the House came out to speak with people at the event yesterday...the authoritarian fascists watching this site can suck it.  I dare them to lock up a state legislator who joined in the right to assemble and the right to speak.
View Quote

Who was it?

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who was it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was it?

The one and only legislator that I have seen at this point actually stand up and fight for Constitutional rights during this mess. That would be Savannah Maddox.  She has been outspoken against Beshear saying not a single lobbyist has contacted her about opening up the state, which is a claim Beshear made about all Republicans, but that hundreds of constituents had contacted her about how they had been forced into unemployment, weren't able to get through to the unemployment office to actually get an unemployment check, don't know how they will pay their bills, and that the Governor has no plan on how to open the state back up so that people can go back to work in order to pay their bills.  

A statement she made.

In between votes yesterday on my journey between the Capitol and Annex, I delivered a speech to this gathering of fellow Kentuckians- the same as I have in the past spoken at 2nd Amendment rallies, stopped to talk with groups of teachers who were protesting, union members, and medical marijuana advocates. Folks, this is the People's Capitol- this is YOUR Capitol, and for those of you who live in the 61st District, I am your State Representative.

I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to talk with you, to be accountable to you, and to advocate for you to the best of my ability. You may not always agree with me on the issues- but you never have to guess where I stand. I've never shied away from explaining a controversial vote or keeping an open mind to a divergent opinion- but I will never compromise on principle. I will always strive to do the right thing even when it isn't popular.

A speech she made about the situation as well.  https://www.facebook.com/100011864821888/videos/846582569080563
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top