Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2024 6:16:40 PM EDT
Whats going on here in Arizona with property taxs ,auto and home owners insurance rate increases ? Seams to me the rate increases out pace the inflation rate .
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My property tax acctually went down, but I don't live in a county full of communist either.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#2]
You are 100% correct.  

In the not so distant future you will not be able to afford rent, a mortgage, any kind of insurance, food, and why own a vehicle if you can't afford to operate it.

Arizona was one of the cheaper places to live 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll list the amazing things Hobbs has done for the state below:
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here.  Got and escrow shortage notice when I paid my mortgage this month.

NOT HAPPY.  That taxes weren't bad but the INSURANCE  God damn them!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently, AAA is pulling out of the property insurance game in Arizona altogether.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The impact on us retired boomers on a fixed income is getting serious.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
*Tin foil hat*

I personally think that the .gov doesn't want home owners anymore.  Easier to have people rent and live in big ass apt complexes like other 3rd world countries.  

I've been thankful that both times I bought my houses. the first 1 was right after the 08 crisis and i made 200k when i sold it and my current was a year b4 covid hit has already made 300k.  Wife and I aren't planning on moving again for another 7-8 years so we are good waiting on this current housing market / percentage rates.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Nationwide insurance is up about 20% over last year and AZ one of the harder hit states despite no natural disasters.  Probably cost of repairs/building going up like crazy here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
We had to pay yesterday. Yes, it was painful.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]
AZ insurance costs are going up about 40%.

Several insurance companies pulled out of the state. Less competition raises prices. Plus costs of vehicle replacement/repair since Covid has gone way up.

Inflation in some products can be hard to see until it becomes unavoidable. Plus all these moms demanding tax increases for schools in my area is making tax rates crazy high the last few years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The one thing here I keep seeing, lack of competition.  The government wants its friends to make money until it owns everything. Just my opinion as we all keep saying in time we all won't own anything.  Sadly we can all see it coming abs we all can do nothing we've become dependent on electronics and lack encryption to communicate and organize if we wanted to do anything. The Obama movie showed us the power of what a complete blackout can do to the uninformed. Pretty scary then you get a jerk like Elon laughing about how he had the power to pull the plug.  
Made me take a look around, I don't see very many radio antennas anywhere, nor do I know where one could source a unit any longer outside of vehicle units. I hope you see my point and where I'm going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top