Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 9:53:42 PM EDT
Prop a and b would have costed approximately 97 million and added a new sports stadium and new schools.

It was defeated by about 60-40.

Glorious day for us who are suffering from our Of control property taxes.

My taxes have gone up 300$.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Defeated a stadium, that's a miracle.  Good to see.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Great news. I voted against the 70 million dollar one they built in Mckinney. What a huge waste of money.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Taxing the people to death isn't a viable solution.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Defeated a stadium, that's a miracle.  Good to see.
View Quote

You have obviously never been to a Joshua High football game
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My house was right down the road from it. It was a pain.

Quoted:

When my property taxes went up 300$ a month and they want to add 50-100$ more to that absolutely.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When my property taxes went up 300$ a month and they want to add 50-100$ more to that absolutely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Parents appraisals went up nearly 100K and their taxes are locked.  They did their hearing waiting to see.  State seriously wants to tax folks out of the state
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I know it's almost blasphemy to condemn sports stadiums, especially those for "Friday Night Lights" but taxpayers should never pay for any sporting complex. Don't care if it's for the local high school or the Olympics or Dallas Cowboys. Let the fans pay for it.

Since kids don't want to go to school anymore and the teachers don't want to go to work, we could sure save some money by cutting out schools out of the property tax debate. If anything send my school taxes to pay for better roads and more fire and police.

Glad Johnson County lost that prop. I have property in Ellis County and always concerned for more expansion of schools and stadiums.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I scored two TDs against Joshaway, had one pick and ran a fake punt for 80 yards one Friday night long long ago.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know it's almost blasphemy to condemn sports stadiums, especially those for "Friday Night Lights" but taxpayers should never pay for any sporting complex. Don't care if it's for the local high school or the Olympics or Dallas Cowboys. Let the fans pay for it.

Since kids don't want to go to school anymore and the teachers don't want to go to work, we could sure save some money by cutting out schools out of the property tax debate. If anything send my school taxes to pay for better roads and more fire and police.

Glad Johnson County lost that prop. I have property in Ellis County and always concerned for more expansion of schools and stadiums.
View Quote

They'll spend all the money on anything except roads
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top