Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2020 11:17:11 AM EDT
Press release and other info

ISP Director calls FOID renewal process “antiquated, outdated, inefficient, ineffective”

https://capitolfax.com/wp-mobile.php?p=48543&more=1

Surprised ISP doesnt seem supportive of FOID either.

BTW, mobile devices are now supported on the app.

Wish these press releases were more available to general public instead of relying on some media outlet deciding to print.

Article in Chicago Tribune
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-illinois-increase-firearm-permits-gun-sales-record-covid-protests-20201210-7txsd5nvgndt7e23ttcaruh6aq-story.html

edit:
The official ISP Press Release

https://www.isp.illinois.gov/Media/CompletePressRelease/691
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't recall, is there an active case in the pipeline to challenge the FOID card? It seems like a good time, our circuit is as strong as it will ever be for conservative justices and the supreme court is, ostensibly, now in our favor as well if it makes it that far.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't recall, is there an active case in the pipeline to challenge the FOID card? It seems like a good time, our circuit is as strong as it will ever be for conservative justices and the supreme court is, ostensibly, now in our favor as well if it makes it that far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There are a number of FOID related cases having been filed but I cant speak to their outcomes, current status, restarts with new plaintiffs, etc.

Judicial Second Amendment Case Discussion
http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showforum=21

e.g.
People v. Brown - FOID ruled unconstituional in IL District Court

List of ISRA Involved Court Cases

Federal lawsuit demanding State Police stop FOID card delay

But with Covid and so many court hearings delayed, cases arent moving too quickly from what I read.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Obviously I'm pipe-dreaming, but they could solve all of these problems by eliminating the FOID card, and let the state be "constitutional carry".  The state police could go back to what they do best; pulling over speeders and milking the state pension system.  
They're going to find the stupid bill passed by the state house & senate that became law, that licensed ffl dealers at the state level in addition to fed level, is going to be a money pit & logistical nightmare too.
If that bill passes next year to fingerprint FOID card holders, I hope enough people finally get smart and "throw the bums out" of the legislature.
I just wish these people from the state police would go to every state rep. and senator's offices & explain that this whole FOID card stuff is unworkable, no matter how you modify it or how much you spend on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Void the FOID.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It will never happen.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It will never happen.
View Quote

I agree. The FOID card system is too well entrenched and has survived legal challenges in the past. It's also a major "cash cow" for the state government.
Gary
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree. The FOID card system is too well entrenched and has survived legal challenges in the past. It's also a major "cash cow" for the state government.
Gary
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will never happen.

Gary

Downstate democrats talk the talk, but never follow through. Yet moronic gun owners in Illinois still vote for their "good" democrat who likes guns. Hell they even hunt and they are pro union as well. Until all the idiot gun owners kick these parasitic rats out of office nothing will change.
Gun owners are a demographic just like blacks and latinos. They come to us every 4 years with promises they never mean to keep. Fuck them all and they can all go straight to hell!
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone else get their letter form ISP blaming China Virus for renewal delays? Got mine the other day. suggests using a photo of letter and proof of renewal application to validate your seemingly expired docs. what a crock of shit. they waste more time and money on goofy shit like this instead of just processing the damn applications. they cry a river of "ooooh no funding.....oooooh no personnel" Piss off and do the job
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
anyone else get their letter form ISP blaming China Virus for renewal delays? Got mine the other day. suggests using a photo of letter and proof of renewal application to validate your seemingly expired docs. what a crock of shit. they waste more time and money on goofy shit like this instead of just processing the damn applications. they cry a river of "ooooh no funding.....oooooh no personnel" Piss off and do the job
View Quote

If I was legally obligated to do something, and I didn't, I would be fined (best case) or prosecuted and thrown in prison.

Sure would be nice if they held themselves to a similar standard as they hold me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top