Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2018 5:30:38 PM EDT
I almost want to go, I've never been to anything like this. Any of you planning on attending?

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2018/09/25/president-trump-hold-rally-southaven/
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm considering it.  9 week exams next week at kid's school so lots of studying will be happening plus extra curricular activities so it's gonna be dicey.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
There'll probably be a bunch of coverage for this rally depending on what happens with Rosenstein, Kavanaugh, and FISA declas.

He's rallying for Cindy Hyde-Smith and NW MS seems to have a ton of McDaniel support. It'll be interesting to see how those two campaigns try to cash in on the Trump visit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to his campaign rally in Millington and it is a sight to see.  I'd probably go if it was in support of Chris McDaniel.

I'm surprised that my niece, who organized the families to go to Millington, isn't trying to get everyone to this one.  They may not let her out of cheerleading practice just to see the President.

Just an FYI - my wife and I went to the one when Bush came to town.  Parking was horrible.  I parked behind the gas station at Church and Airways and walked the rest of the way.  I was one of the last people to get a seat.  When everything was over, we got up and left to get a good spot to see the motorcade.  It turns out that we were not supposed to do that.  They locked the building until Bush could leave but I ended up seeing a police chase that ended at the DCC.  Based on the snipers I could see (on top of the DCC), I'm surprised there wasn't a shooting.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/01/bush.car/
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm off work on the 3rd so I'm "in".
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm considering it.  9 week exams next week at kid's school so lots of studying will be happening plus extra curricular activities so it's gonna be dicey.
View Quote
Quoting myself.  
Got my tix today.  Exams and robotics be damned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  

Y'all think if I left work at 5 and got there about 5:30 that would be enough time?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There'll probably be a bunch of coverage for this rally depending on what happens with Rosenstein, Kavanaugh, and FISA declas.

He's rallying for Cindy Hyde-Smith and NW MS seems to have a ton of McDaniel support. It'll be interesting to see how those two campaigns try to cash in on the Trump visit.
View Quote
McDaniel has the Trump visit to Southaven Shared on his FB page today.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Y'all think if I left work at 5 and got there about 5:30 that would be enough time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  

I hope so, because that’s about the time I’ll be getting out of work, headed home, and getting kid to the rally.  Might be the last 2 people through the door but dang it we have tickets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  

I can get there before then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good luck showing up 30 minutes prior. I attended a Palin thing in 2008 and we waited for over 3 hours in line and we were nowhere near the front.
View Quote
It starts at 7:00 so it would be about an hour and a half early. I may just dip out early with ole boss man.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting myself.  

https://media.giphy.com/media/137jnDOrsfJVq8/giphy.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife somehow reserved 2 tickets? What does that even mean? How early should we get in line?
Never been to an event like this. Sure would love to get my copy of the "Art Of The Deal" signed,
but that is probably a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Just saw this on FB

PSA: Expect major delays tomorrow evening October 2 on I55. The interstate will be closed completely at the North Hernando Exit to the 240 exit in Memphis, TN both North and Southbound sides. Times will be approximately 4:45-5:30 and 7:30-8:15.
Take alternate routes...
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to a rally when trump was confirmed as the republican nominee. It was in North Carolina but if I were you guys I would plan on being there ATLEAST 3 hours prior. I stood in line for 2 hours before I got in. Secret service don't play around. I had a cotter pin on my key ring and was told to bring it back to my vehicle
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone else here? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't look like we're gonna make it. We decided it would be too much of a clusterfuck to deal with and I'm already taking off tomorrow afternoon for a lunch thing at NW.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't make it.  Didn't get home from work until 5 PM and Getwell was backed up from Church past Nail.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't make it.  Didn't get home from work until 5 PM and Getwell was backed up from Church past Nail.
View Quote
When I came home around 3:45 there was a line of cars from just south of Goodman road all the way to the Church Road Exit.  Luckily they were playing nice and those to the south of the bridge had gotten over onto the shoulder to allow traffic to pass quickly.  But you could see the cars lined up on Church going West too.  I can't imagine what it was like around 5.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:20:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bet it was a nightmare.  As much as I’d love to see Donald in real life, there is no way I’d want to mess with the traffic
View Quote
Like the line for Chick-Fil-A in Olive Branch, but worse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet it was a nightmare.  As much as I’d love to see Donald in real life, there is no way I’d want to mess with the traffic
Good thing they're putting one like 87 feet down Goodman from the other one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh, a normal rush hour in Chicago or Nascar race has worse traffic. You all missed out. It was a fantastic experience. I would have saved spots for all of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top