Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2021 3:53:10 PM EDT
BR 208 has been prefiled for the 2022 legislative session by Representative Daniel Fister (Versailles). BR 208 would exempt firearms and ammunition from Ky. sales and usage tax.

Summary: Amend KRS 139.010 to add definitions of "firearm" and "ammunition"; amend KRS 139.480 to exempt firearms and ammunition from sales and use tax and require reporting related to the exemption; amend KRS 131.190 to allow reporting by the Department of Revenue; EFFECTIVE August 1, 2022.

The entire text of the bill can be seen here:

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/recorddocuments/bill/22RS/BR208/orig_bill.pdf
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you see even a snowball's chance in Hades of this passing? Ignoring the social aspect of it being related to guns, I cannot recall the last time I witnessed government freely removing a tax.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you see even a snowball's chance in Hades of this passing? Ignoring the social aspect of it being related to guns, I cannot recall the last time I witnessed government freely removing a tax.
View Quote

As far as the removal of taxes goes State Representative Attica Scott continues year after year to introduce bills that would remove taxes from feminine hygiene products, diapers, reproductive associated products and child care products. I really haven't kept up with those bills so I don't know how successful she has been but her lack of success has not kept her from introducing them and becoming a folk hero to her female constituents, which I suspect was the plan all along. I suspect Representative Fister has similar motives and expectations with BR 208. Personally, bills like this bring to my mind an old adage that my father was fond of using. "I'd rather have this than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
State Representative Attica Scott
View Quote

That is a truly horrid, monstrous creature.    That thing is absolutely disgusting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top