Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2020 2:20:19 PM EDT
Two weeks ago, a KC3 member sent in a picture of a sign on the Mercer County Senior Citizens Center located in Anderson-Dean Park in Harrodsburg. That sign says that "Handguns are Prohibited" in that public building. I started looking around a little more into Mercer County ordinances and policies. I soon came across Mercer County Ordinance #96-57. That ordinance prohibits the possession of concealed weapons in all buildings, grounds and property of Mercer County. I sent an email to Mercer Co. Judge/Exec. Dedman explaining the state gun laws. This morning, Judge Dedman called and said that the sign had been taken down and that the ordinance would be completely repealed on Tuesday, Sept. 29th, at that Fiscal Court meeting. He thanked me for bringing this issue to his attention. You can see a picture of the sign here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukohcdid0rfanf7/20190826_121732%20%282%29.jpg?dl=0
and the ordinance here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/arwykk1kugmo2hx/Mercerco.96-57%20%284%29.pdf?dl=0
If you know of any signs in your hometown that regulate the possession or ownership of firearms send them to us in a message here on AR-15.com, our Facebook page or an email through our website KC3.com. If you are unsure whether or not they are legal, send them anyway. We'll figure it out.
We never mention people's names or how we got the information. We just tell them we want it fixed.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Bravo! Another small but significant injustice addressed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bravo! Another small but significant injustice addressed.
View Quote

The people that live in Mercer County or surrounding areas who use Mercer County facilities do not consider it "small". The membership of KC3 does not consider any violation of our gun laws "small".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top