Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2021 5:34:45 PM EDT
So I’ve got a potential job offer for MD(silver springs) and I need a change from Maine.

Questions about the laws there.

As I understand it ar15’s must have HBAR stamped on barrel. But there is not “measurement “ for diameter. What is to stop an enterprising person from etching “hbar” on a faxon ultra lightweight m4 clone? Or lathing a hbar to .625?

Could I simply dodge that issue with an ar10 and 6.5cm? Would an ar10 with magazine block and a .223 barrel be legal?
I’m used to states that are sane.

Pistols are no threaded barrels at all(does this include .22’s?) and no tec 9 separate mag well types.
Suppressors are ok if nfa. Magazines are ok of any size just can’t buy/make them in state, have to buy them in another state.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to check the cost of living in that area.  Job offer might not look that good.

Suppressors are fine nfa, mags over 10rd are fine if brought into state.  I'll let the md guys answer the rest.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't quote me
But I think the non .223/ 5.56 aren't regulated...

You can have the mags, you just can't have them shipped into MD.  I buy out of state.

The heavy barrel isn't standardized.  There is no specific measurement.  So, basically, it's pointless.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
AR10 (308 and 6.5) is not subject to Hbar.  My brother who lives in MD ,  bought (PSA) PA10 lowers as cash and carry, no 7 days wait, then built his own AR10.

You can built AR as pistol in any configuration.  NOT sure what the NO-thread info came from.  You can have threaded barrel all you want including those on regular pistols like Glock, FNX, Ruger, Sig.  How else will you attach suppressor?

Class 3, SBR, AOW, SBS ownership is allowed.  Montgomery county (MG) has quite a bit of owners of these stuff....

Any over 10 rds mags is LEGAL to own and use, just buy them OUTSIDE State line.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Silver spring is kind of a shithole. You will want to live further out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Buying a handgun is a pain in the ass, as is getting the permit to buy one.  BS safe storage laws.  

The taxes here are outrageous.  To calculate your state income tax, look at what you pay in federal and multiply that by 0.72.  

After taxes and other BS it cost me $1000 to license my 6 yo truck here.  $500,000 gets you a so so house with a one car garage. Go look on Zillow before moving.

I'm looking to leave after I get my divorce finalized.  I got my promotion moving here, and now I want to move on and up.

On the plus side, there seems to be a lot more single women here than men.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top