Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/7/2018 3:48:07 PM EDT
As noted thespian, humanitarian and scholar Homer J. Simpson once said "Here's to alcohol, the cause of....and solution to....all of lifes' problems."

As we drown in a seemingly invincible blue tide, my I suggest we gather our best and brightest....or if they're not available, the CTHTF...to an Irish wake of sorts and meet somewhere for an adult beverage or twelve.  Will it help?  Probably not.  Will it hurt?  FUCK NO.

Post here if you are interested with a date and a place.  I know we are pretty spread out but if there is one of the 5,309,510 microbreweries in CT available that the most people can get to, maybe we can figure something out.

And Mr. Salty.  If we agree on a place and you have the strength to show up, I will buy your drinks.  Granted since I work for you, my money is actually yours to begin with but still, it's the best I can do.  Like me, I am sure there are many of us here that view you as the CTHTF Yeti or Bigfoot or honest politician or non-meth addled Red Sox fan.....something that we HEARD may exist, yet we have never actually seen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m in but can we do it after hunting season.  And I would suggest Woodbury brewing because is right by my house
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
With my luck I'd be popped for DWI, and sit in prison mumbling your name for the next ten years.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With my luck I'd be popped for DWI, and sit in prison mumbling your name for the next ten years.
View Quote
Why I am disappointed at that suggestion good Sir.  And by disappointed I mean I am disappointed I didn't think of that first.  It's brilliant.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in, I can make most dates work and as long as its before the salt gets applied to the road, I dont care how far. I need a good excuse the cruise the Corrado a few more times before winter.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Redding Beer Co and Nod Hill brewery
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I can make most weekend nights. Drive doesn’t bother me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Redding Beer Co and Nod Hill brewery
View Quote
Both look pretty cool and both allow outside food.  I view Danbury as CT other red headed step child....the retarded one...but the breweries seem nice.  Because of their nearly complete devotion to IPAs, I would almost certainly bet that Nod Hill has a patronage that I would end up punching in the throat during the course of the day but I could be talked out of that I suppose.

If anyone else has a place, let us know about parking as well.  NOT because of them but because too many of these places end up in areas where parking spots are an urban myth.

I will toss out The Thomas Hooker brew pub in Hartford in the old Colt factory.  They have a food truck or bring your own and....and I don't know how they do this, they have a patio where people smoke.  I hate cigarettes but a cigar outdoors with a beverage is pretty damn nice.  Should it be cold, there are indoor tables including the very cool bar top and side tables with bullets lodged in them because they used planks from the old Colt test range.  The place is not large though so it may fill up quickly (indoors I mean.)
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Both look pretty cool and both allow outside food.  I view Danbury as CT other red headed step child....the retarded one...but the breweries seem nice.  Because of their nearly complete devotion to IPAs, I would almost certainly bet that Nod Hill has a patronage that I would end up punching in the throat during the course of the day but I could be talked out of that I suppose.

If anyone else has a place, let us know about parking as well.  NOT because of them but because too many of these places end up in areas where parking spots are an urban myth.

I will toss out The Thomas Hooker brew pub in Hartford in the old Colt factory.  They have a food truck or bring your own and....and I don't know how they do this, they have a patio where people smoke.  I hate cigarettes but a cigar outdoors with a beverage is pretty damn nice.  Should it be cold, there are indoor tables including the very cool bar top and side tables with bullets lodged in them because they used planks from the old Colt test range.  The place is not large though so it may fill up quickly (indoors I mean.)
View Quote
Both have plenty of parking. Redding Beer Co is in Georgetown and not a hipster hangout. If we need more parking it's a 2min walk from my house. Nod Hill is in Ridgefield and also has lots of parking. They should have their current tap posted.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
It wont disqualify my attendance but Danbury isn't exactly central.

Hooker is out, he's in a lot of the Lamont commercials. Definitely does not seem fitting for this occasion.

City Steam is great, though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would end up punching in the throat during the course of the day but I could be talked out of that I suppose.
View Quote
I'm not typically the bar brawl type, but if the states attorney is on my team I can probably be talked into it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who will be my DD?  
View Quote
Can you drive stick? We can take shots to see who's driving home.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It wont disqualify my attendance but Danbury isn't exactly central.

Hooker is out, he's in a lot of the Lamont commercials. Definitely does not seem fitting for this occasion.

City Steam is great, though.
View Quote
Good point about TH.  Forgot about that.  Was dazzled by the embedded bullets.

IIRC, City Steam is in Hartford.  Nothing more need be said.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Only when the wheel is on the right-hand side.
View Quote
If you drink enough the wheel can be on both sides.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm down
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who will be my DD?  
View Quote
I would but I’d probably run out of fuel going to Manchester then to Danbury and back to montucky
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I like shabeen in Wolcott...…

stubborn beauty in Middletown has a lot of great beers...…

elbow room in west Hartford has a lot of beers on tap, some locals, and good food...….
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I am for any place you guys suggest. I can’t name any places because I don’t get out much but will come if I am home.

I am glad to be the designated driver. I will even go pick up the forum’s curmudgeon and bring him home.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]
How about a couple of dates throw out there.  I know this is like herding meth fueled cats because of being spaced apart but dates would help.

I forgot about this place which is in Rocky Hill around the corner from my office.  Still Hill Brewery.  Very good beer, very nice place.  Right on the RH/Cromwell line on Rt 3.  Easy on/off Exit 23 off of I-91.  The reason my office is based here was because of it being central to CT with highway access because all of the statewide jurisdiction bureaus based here like mine.  It is bring your own food plus there is a decent pizza place that will deliver right to your seat.

They have lots of tables that can be moved together for groups and since it's in an industrial park, parking is plentiful.  BTW, pints are $5.

http://stillhillbrewery.com/
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a distillery?  Not sure Beer alone will do it.

At least the Red Sox won the World Series though.  You being a Yankees fan I can understand there's not much more to live for at this point.

I'll come troll but only if Dan is there.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is there a distillery?  Not sure Beer alone will do it.

At least the Red Sox won the World Series though.  You being a Yankees fan I can understand there's not much more to live for at this point.

I'll come troll but only if Dan is there.
View Quote
Trunk liquor brah
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I like beer and the insane people here so I would be up for this. Pending my chaotic life with the family allows for the time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#25]
How about either Saturday, November 17th @ 2pm or Saturday, December 1st @ 2pm at the Still Hill Brewery in Rocky Hill on Rt. 3.

They are open 2pm to 10pm.  Some form of entertainment starts at 6pm which gives 4 uninterrupted hours to hand and shoot the shit and everyone can get home to their regular Saturday night activities whatever they may be.

I nominate Bikerman to feed all of us which is most gracious of him..  Seriously, since so many guys are decent cooks, you can bring something if you'd like depending upon how many commit or like I said, pizza is but a phone call away.

Let's light this candle.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Both dates work for me.

Rocky Hill is perfect.

In for pizza or bikerman food.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I may be able to make the 17th

I’ll make vegan
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I should be able to make both
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I could do December 1st. I’m no cook, so I’d be in for pizza.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I may be able to make the 17th

I’ll make vegan
View Quote
No I was hoping to taste your meat
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No I was hoping to taste your meat
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I can do either day but I'll be 1+hr late, especially on the 1st
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Needs a poll added!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No go on the 17th. Dec 1st will likely work
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#37]
By overwhelming demand, the date is Saturday, December 1st at 2pm @ Still Hill Brewery in Rocky Hill.  Definitely need a moderator there. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#38]
In!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Enjoy and I will catch the next meet!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
By overwhelming demand, the date is Saturday, December 1st at 2pm @ Still Hill Brewery in Rocky Hill.  Definitely need a moderator there. Lol.
View Quote
Sweet, thanks for setting it up.

Should update your title and OP to reflect date/location.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thy will shall be done......
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Don’t know if I can make that date or not but I’d like to for sure
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Can I bring my kids?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Can I bring my kids?
View Quote
If you do , I have candy cigarettes for them
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can I bring my kids?
View Quote
Yes, they can baby-sit you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I bring my kids?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I bring my kids?
Im sure the older ones drink more than me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Im sure the older ones drink more than me.
View Quote
Drink more than you spill
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#50]
A certain banned somebody asked me to tell you that he will be there. Says he has a great big hug for all of you guys. He says if you do not accept this hug, he will masturbate profusely into all of your shoes.

Edit: I won’t be able to make this one. I’m flying out to a startup in the middle of nowhere the next day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top