Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2021 3:44:06 PM EDT
Howdy folks. I lived in Wyoming from 1982 to 1984. Enjoyed my time there. Wyoming is on my short list of places alongside ND, SD, and ID. (I lived in ND from 1974 -1976). I love WI and the UP of MI but not sure if that is viable as a long-term solution.

Fortunately, I'm in a flexible position. I'm single, don't need much other than a roof over my head. I'd be fine taking whatever kind of work I could find in a decent place. A town with a grocery store, maybe a diner to eat out at once in a while is really all I'd need. Just want to avoid any methbilly type areas.

As I'm researching, where should I look, where should I avoid? Thanks in advance for any tips.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't found any areas I'd avoid, it's all decent.

Laramie might be a good choice if you want city life, otherwise the world is your oyster.
I like winter way more than summer, snow is awesome. If that's your thing then northern parts would be better. (Haven't been up there myself yet.)

Evanston was a nice sleepy town, if you like visiting Utah that'd be a nice place.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response. I spent most of my time in Cheyenne. I did travel to Thermopolis once for a Wyoming State Historical Society awards banquet. Nice as I recall. I did Yellowstone area a few times of course, starting in the '70s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top