Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 8:25:29 PM EDT
Possible job opportunity at the Wilmington Airport. Looking online but not seeing much for apartments. Any recommendations to a nearby town to rent? Any to stay away from?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Born in Wilmington OH raised in nearby Blanchester. There isn't much available rental property in Wilmington. When Airborne moved out Wilmington died. They are slowly getting back on their feet. Plenty of small towns like Blanchester, New Vienna, Sabina and Hillsboro ( next county over). Rural property is expensive if you are looking for acerage. Town property is not too bad but lots of older houses on market.
Wilmington is county seat of Clinton County. They have Clinton Memorial Hospital in town. Kroger, Lowes, some restaurants per usual flavor. If you like Pheasant hunting my relatives own Cherrybend Pheasant Farm and it's a great place to hunt and shoot clays.
Wilmington College in town and you can tell by the liberal kids and liberal slant of local New paper. Just down the road is Kings Island, Fort Acient, Ceasars Creek Lake and Little Miami River. Also Cincinnati is not that far away and I-71 is just on outside of Wilmington giving you access North and South.
I could think of a lot worse places to live. I must like the area somewhat since I've lived around here all my life. Good farming community and close knit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Born in Wilmington OH raised in nearby Blanchester. There isn't much available rental property in Wilmington. When Airborne moved out Wilmington died. They are slowly getting back on their feet. Plenty of small towns like Blanchester, New Vienna, Sabina and Hillsboro ( next county over). Rural property is expensive if you are looking for acerage. Town property is not too bad but lots of older houses on market.
Wilmington is county seat of Clinton County. They have Clinton Memorial Hospital in town. Kroger, Lowes, some restaurants per usual flavor. If you like Pheasant hunting my relatives own Cherrybend Pheasant Farm and it's a great place to hunt and shoot clays.
Wilmington College in town and you can tell by the liberal kids and liberal slant of local New paper. Just down the road is Kings Island, Fort Acient, Ceasars Creek Lake and Little Miami River. Also Cincinnati is not that far away and I-71 is just on outside of Wilmington giving you access North and South.
I could think of a lot worse places to live. I must like the area somewhat since I've lived around here all my life. Good farming community and close knit.
View Quote

I will give him a +1 on cherrybend... really great bunch
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I’ll keep ya posted.  If it’s a sure thing first round of beers on me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks guys I’ll keep ya posted.  If it’s a sure thing first round of beers on me.
View Quote
will hold you to it
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot a 3-gun match at the range by the airport. Pretty nice ranges.

Also have a couple buddies that work at the airport doing aircraft maintenance.  They got tired of being in the military and got jobs there. One lives in Hillsboro and the other close to cincy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
DHL? of it they're there anymore?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DHL? of it they're there anymore?
View Quote
If I had to guess, Amazon.

but ATSG, ABX air, and ATI is still there also.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
This job would be with Airborne doing aircraft maintenance.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
We will have to get you hooked up withe the Ohio gun collectors association if you make the move. We have our quarterly  shows in Wilmington. Lots of great guns and as a private collector show you will be happy
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We will have to get you hooked up withe the Ohio gun collectors association if you make the move. We have our quarterly  shows in Wilmington. Lots of great guns and as a private collector show you will be happy
View Quote

I second this. Great show
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I shot a 3-gun match at the range by the airport. Pretty nice ranges.

Also have a couple buddies that work at the airport doing aircraft maintenance.  They got tired of being in the military and got jobs there. One lives in Hillsboro and the other close to cincy.
View Quote

Do they like working there?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do they like working there?
View Quote

They seem to. I know of 4 people that got hired there. The only one who didn't stick around quit after a couple days has yet to hold a job for more than a few months, and another one was there for years before moving to Texas. I hear they pay fair for newer guys and will help you get your A&P if you don't have it yet. They are always hiring all sorts of jobs.

I know for a while the county had a good program where veterans got 5 grand in tool money for starting a job there. If that happens to apply to you
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top