Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2022 8:22:14 PM EDT
I might have to move near Louisville for work. Location of job would be a little south of the Louisville airport.

I currently live in Northern MN and will only go to cities if I have to. I’ve worked at Camp Atterbury before and was not a fan. I’m assuming weather is the same or worse in KY.

I have a few questions if you folks could help me out that would be great. I would be looking to rent and see how it goes.

1.) If you had to work a little south of the airport, what areas would you be looking at within 30min preferably?
(Not wanting to be right in the city but would if that was the only option for a decent place)

2.) What areas should I for sure avoid?

I’m don’t have a figure on pay yet. So I’m trying to see what it would cost to be in a single bedroom place that I would feel my stuff is secure.

I don’t have a problem moving south it’s just when I was in IN it was 100% humidity or raining everyday. That and being in city are my main reasons for being hesitant.

Any pointers or advice is welcome. Hopefully they throw me a big offer (big for me, not arf millionaires) and I’ll be headed that way. Thanks! (I know my writing sucks)
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Bullitt County which is just south of Louisville, but near I-65.   Not much rental property around here.  Depending on where you job is you might want to look at Elizabethtown it is further south, but near I-65 so getting up near Louisville is easy.  Weather has been in the 90's and muggy, but it gets better mid Sept.  You will be close the Knob Creek Gun Range which is a fun place to check out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Be sure to check out Shelby County, the first county east of Louisville. Quick and easy drive to Louisville, low crime, much better schools, quiet living and lots of gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Bullitt County, or Spencer County is where you need to look.

Avoid: Anything west of 9th Street in Louisville. The south end can be rough in some areas.

Humidity in Kentucky can get crazy in mid to late summer. However, the Ohio River valley is the worst in the state for humidity.  Crisp fall days in KY make up for it,  however
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top