Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2019 1:12:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If you think you're about to get hit with that, transfer everything to a friendly ffl before it ends up in either the bonded warehouse or a cop's collection never to be seen again.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Do what MABowhunter said, get rid of everything to a trusted friend and possibly out of state. It might help to start documenting things yourself that might help your case against someone who is trying to screw you.

I don’t know of any good lawyers personally but I believe the Comm2A website has a list of all of theirs.
EDIT: here’s a link to Comm2A site with a list of people. Click on their name and it will give contact info.
Comm2A attorneys

Good luck, keep us updated.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do what MABowhunter said, get rid of everything to a trusted friend and possibly out of state. It might help to start documenting things yourself that might help your case against someone who is trying to screw you.

I don't know of any good lawyers personally but I believe the Comm2A website has a list of all of theirs.
EDIT: here's a link to Comm2A site with a list of people. Click on their name and it will give contact info.
Comm2A attorneys

Good luck, keep us updated.
View Quote
^^^ His recommendation.

I don't know of any firearms attorneys in W. Mass, but Comm2A likely will be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck and I hope you dodge that bullet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m sure they would, but she would probably need to bring them in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I do have a friendly ffl.  I just know that I can't do the AR's, as they are post 94/pre 2016.  Probably sell to a friend.

Also, anyone know if they would take my wifes guns too?
View Quote
Yes, the AG BS causes some real issues.

Yes, they will take all the guns in the house. I confirmed this with 3 different PDs and as much as I don't like it, having been an officer that responded to a domestic, I understand why they do this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If you need some help let me know what I can do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m in state. Shoot me an IM if I can do anything
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Rent a storage unit in a gun friendly state. Be creative and be discrete about it. Make sure you store other items in it. Home goods, furnature, stuffed animals, etc. If Mass. authorities come knocking at the door, plead the 5th.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Rent a storage unit in a gun friendly state. Be creative and be discrete about it. Make sure you store other items in it. Home goods, furnature, stuffed animals, etc. If Mass. authorities come knocking at the door, plead the 5th.
View Quote
The 2nd half of your suggestion can lead to a felony charge/conviction. MGL C. 269 S. 10 (don't recall alpha sub-section) makes it a felony to NOT tell PD where (even if out of state) all the guns are located. The PD then contacts PD local to the guns and asks them to confiscate . . . it is then up to that PD to confiscate or ignore the request. In any event, ONLY MA has the bonded warehouse which means you lose the guns permanently . . . other states the PD will store them unless you request that they go to an FFL of YOUR choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top