Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 10:38:23 PM EDT
Would an exchange/pay-it-forward thread be okay to have in the forum?

I know quite a few of us probably have extra gear we'd be willing to pass on for free or at a good deal to fellow APC members across the nation. Given that most of us should know each other in person, I think there's a greater level of safety/fewer scams to be concerned with.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You can count me in brother. I have so many different items that I'll never use - little things like Rail Furniture, some cleaning gear etc. I definitely look forward to meeting the crew in person at some of your Events too! I'm all about paying things forward!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea.  I'll get the ball rolling with one lightly used, preban, Baofeng UV5R radio.  These are known gateway drugs into amateur radio and APC needs radio operators.  If you're active with the APC but don't own a radio, and think it's something that you'd be interested in getting into, this radio has your name on it.  (Read: I'd prefer that it go to someone who's active with the APC in some capacity, or at least has every intention of getting active).
Just claim it here and shoot me a PM.  Shipping is on me.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about that. Was I supposed to Post up some gear I'm willing to Pay Forward here? Who & how will be the Collection POC for all of this, and where do we send it to?

Please PM me with Details as this is my first rodeo with this great Group.
Semper Fidelis!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Semper Fi, Gunny.  I dunno. that's kinda the way I took it.  Seems like a cool idea.  I don't think it would be practical to have a centralized point for the stuff.  It could be as simple as doing what I did and just posting something up.  Then if someone's interested they can shoot the "seller/forward payer" an IM and work out shipping individual to individual.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semper Fi, Gunny.  I dunno. that's kinda the way I took it.  Seems like a cool idea.  I don't think it would be practical to have a centralized point for the stuff.  It could be as simple as doing what I did and just posting something up.  Then if someone's interested they can shoot the "seller/forward payer" an IM and work out shipping individual to individual.
View Quote

Thanks for the Feedback. I'll chat w the OP since I know him and will dial things in so we don't have to go posting our individual "Donations" for the World to see. Rather get an PM with the address where to send stuff and remain off the grid unless specifically asked to identify our gear.  He's a great guy and will spell it out for us all by weeks end Im sure.

OOH-RAH !!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Kimber Micro 9 IWB holster by n82 tactical. If you are an APC member that happens to CCW a micro 9 and are looking for another carry option, it’s yours. 100% free.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Blackhawk CQC holster and Hogue grips for a Beretta 92/M9. Free to any APC member who wants to qualify/train with a Beretta.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top