Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 9:03:09 AM EDT
I had made an appointment a few weeks before as I was due to expire in March.  They had me in/out in 15 minutes with a new license in hand.  Extremely pleasant individuals to deal with.  This was my second renewal and forth time going to the Portage County Sheriff's office  (First license, 2 renewals, and an address change - which they just printed off a new license and said 'Here you go.').  

Just an FYI if you need to renew your CHL in NE OH - Portage is a great place.  You will need $50 cash, a 2x2 passport photo, and a completed application before you show up.  Don't forget your current CHL and driver's license.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
pro 2a sheriff department.  got my original and my renewals done there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I checked their website and it says you have to have your original license issued from them to be considered a "renewal", I have not seen this before.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I was very pleased with Ashland county.  The urban/suburban counties are getting really backed up with applications and renewals and they aren’t in any rush to process them any faster.  In my opinion, it’s worth it to go take a drive to a rural sheriff and they’ll usually take care of you quickly and efficiently.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top