Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 5:52:49 PM EDT
I'm curious, has anyone had any interactions with LE while carrying a polymer 80 pistol?  i'm curious how it went, considering that your average cop might not know that a homemade pistol is legal in WA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm curious, has anyone had any interactions with LE while carrying a polymer 80 pistol?  i'm curious how it went, considering that your average cop might not know that a homemade pistol is legal in WA.
View Quote

I guess this would depend on what type of interaction. The 2 times I've been pulled over while carrying, they didn't even look at the firearm, just wanted to know where it was. When talking with others about the same experience, most officers don't look to closely at the firearm aside from wanting to know where it is or moving it to a location out of reach of the driver or passenger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess this would depend on what type of interaction. The 2 times I've been pulled over while carrying, they didn't even look at the firearm, just wanted to know where it was. When talking with others about the same experience, most officers don't look to closely at the firearm aside from wanting to know where it is or moving it to a location out of reach of the driver or passenger.
View Quote

How'd they know about the gun?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your CPL flags when they run your plates or license and then they ask you about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both times I was going to and from work. Unfortunately my work does not allow firearms inside the building, so the firearm stays locked in the glove box while I'm working. Both times I took the time to inform them where the firearm was before reaching towards the glove box to retrieve my paperwork. The first time this happened, the Trooper opened the glove box, reached in, grabbed my paperwork, and that was it. The second time, the trooper let me grab the paperwork and then close the glove box. Nowadays, in my new vehicle, I have a separate place that I can keep my paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:42:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Both times I was going to and from work. Unfortunately my work does not allow firearms inside the building, so the firearm stays locked in the glove box while I'm working. Both times I took the time to inform them where the firearm was before reaching towards the glove box to retrieve my paperwork. The first time this happened, the Trooper opened the glove box, reached in, grabbed my paperwork, and that was it. The second time, the trooper let me grab the paperwork and then close the glove box. Nowadays, in my new vehicle, I have a separate place that I can keep my paperwork.
View Quote

Get one of those visor organizers.(for the registration, not the gun) I've been using them for about 20 years.
BTW, the glove box is about the worst place for a gun. First place a crook would look. I've carried guns in vehicles when I couldn't carry at work, always found a place to hide it under a seat, behind a seat, etc. One car had those pouches on the back of the seat, then I happened to have seat covers over the seats. I had to reach up under the cover to find the opening to the pouch. Only way you'd ever know a gun was there was if you pat down the seat and felt the buldge.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Get one of those visor organizers.(for the registration, not the gun) I've been using them for about 20 years.
BTW, the glove box is about the worst place for a gun. First place a crook would look. I've carried guns in vehicles when I couldn't carry at work, always found a place to hide it under a seat, behind a seat, etc. One car had those pouches on the back of the seat, then I happened to have seat covers over the seats. I had to reach up under the cover to find the opening to the pouch. Only way you'd ever know a gun was there was if you pat down the seat and felt the buldge.
View Quote

As stated, my new vehicle has a separate spot that I can keep paperwork.

While a glove box is one of the first places someone would try, it is in still in compliance with the law and something that can't be easily removed from the vehicle. It also isn't just shoving the firearm somewhere in hopes that someone won't see it without it being secured somehow.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top