Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 8:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: codycoyote]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we should just tack a governor thread and let all the BS hash out in there  We've got almost double digit posts on the same damn thing, with many resulting in stupid pointless bullshit.

I agree 100% with Cody, I'm getting really really sick of poltical threads going south and seeing this crew bickering within.

Just remember, everyone has the right to vote for whomever they want.  Whether you agree with it or not, that is their right.  Believe it or not, some people (even here) vote for more than just firearms.  Being well educated on your candidate and his opposition is a responsibility we all must take seriously and be willing to discuss respectfully.  This is the stuff that sets us apart from a good portion of the world and why even now, with a recession and a President I personally don't care for, I am still and always will be proud to be an American.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm guilty of it no doubt. Sorry Cody, I will play nice.

Religion and politics.......you know
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I did not see anything especially nasty. maybe it got deleted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: patriot73] [#4]
Originally Posted By ilbob:

Cody and Roadhawk run a pretty tight ship around here. I think we are all on edge politically right now and for very good reason. From the national to state and often local levels we have some very serious problems facing us as a nation. People's tensions are going to run hot, we just need to respect the rules and the Moderators who keep the IL HTF a nice clean forum. Most members have known each other a very long time here, and maybe get a little too comfortable with the rules, I do it all the time. I don't mean anything by it, I am just a big mouth I think for the most part we are all on the same side, but like I said, tensions are running high. It's a very bad time in America.

I have told my kids to remember these days as they are living history and that someday their children and grandchildren will read about them in school.

Ultimately, I think we will be ok. I think these times we are in will usher in a new era of American values being restored. I think 9-11 and this recession have taught many of us that have lived through hard times before (1980's) what really matters in one's life and how fragile our freedoms and way of life are. We will come back and strong and a New Charlie Daniels song will be written to commemorate that era.

A home town forum without Moderators would be like a foot without a big toe. And I'd like to personally thank our bestest buddies and big toes Cody and Roadhawk.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: codycoyote] [#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By codycoyote:

Originally Posted By patriot73:
Originally Posted By ilbob:

Cody and Roadhawk run a pretty tight ship around here. I think we are all on edge politically right now and for very good reason. From the national to state and often local levels we have some very serious problems facing us as a nation. People's tensions are going to run hot, we just need to respect the rules and the Moderators who keep the IL HTF a nice clean forum. Most members have known each other a very long time here, and maybe get a little too comfortable with the rules, I do it all the time. I don't mean anything by it, I am just a big mouth I think for the most part we are all on the same side, but like I said, tensions are running high. It's a very bad time in America.

Snip...

What Patriot said pretty much states the problem.  It's not a matter of name calling or outright COC violations.  It's a matter of keeping the peace here in the forum and preventing people from stepping on the dicks.  That is why I'm not going to ask for a site wide lock or a ban, but merely remove you(not You) from this forum for a little while.

I don't post much but I read a lot and I'd like to let Cody and Roadhawk know don't change a thing.
Behind you 100%.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beemerman] [#7]

Ya Mon. Respect
Marksman for Governor!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
So it's safe for democrats that own and love guns to come out and play?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:

I never heard anyone say that!  ;)
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:

There are tons of Democrats that own and love guns. The Democratic party left gun owners behind. The idea is to launch the Liberal Left from the Democratic party. Not all Democrats are bad. Maybe naive, but not bad
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: randomhero97] [#11]
Originally Posted By patriot73:

Maybe naive, but not bad

I think they suffer from the highest form of cognitive dissonance.  As a libertarian, I think republican voters might have a slight case of it as well.  All in jest, of course.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Dems who love guns are Reagan democrats. 99% of the IL GOP is about as 'moderate' of the entire dem party of 25 yrs ago.

Curious, what is it going to take for you to switch parties?

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top