Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2021 12:35:58 PM EDT
Moving from SW WA state. Getting out before my 2nd grade daughter gets immersed in critical race theory.
I'm a disabled Vet. It looks like they have a VA clinic. Recently moved out of auto repair due to back pain, and am attending school again studying business. The community college there seems ok.
Wife is an RN. Probably be able to get a job anywhere.
What do you all think?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a great area.  Real estate is getting very expensive with all the Cali's moving there.  Pretty decent shooting range out Soldier Creek.  Decent hospital system.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I just interviewed for a job there Friday. Trying to get my family out of commie Colorado.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just interviewed for a job there Friday. Trying to get my family out of commie Colorado.
View Quote

Have you ever considered a career with the post office? :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Flying in over Independence Day weekend to look around and get a feel for things.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What’s your housing budget?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What’s your housing budget?
View Quote

We are hoping to sell for $550,000, though everything around here gets into bidding wars so maybe more? VA loan.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
What size house are you looking for?

Acreage?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What size house are you looking for?

Acreage?
View Quote

We are leaving 5 acres. I'd really like some acerage, but it's not necessary. No HOA for sure! I'm guessing you are a realtor?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We are leaving 5 acres. I'd really like some acerage, but it's not necessary. No HOA for sure! I'm guessing you are a realtor?
View Quote
Not a realtor, but live in that area and might be selling soon. That’s all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not a realtor, but live in that area and might be selling soon. That’s all.
View Quote

Gotcha. Wife wants 2000 square feet or bigger.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Moving from SW WA state. Getting out before my 2nd grade daughter gets immersed in critical race theory.
I'm a disabled Vet. It looks like they have a VA clinic. Recently moved out of auto repair due to back pain, and am attending school again studying business. The community college there seems ok.
Wife is an RN. Probably be able to get a job anywhere.
What do you all think?
View Quote

The Sheridan VA is the state mental health hospital & they do very very little primary care & farm most of it out thru care in the community or sed you to Cheyenne or Denver & have a very limited "emergency room" that is more like a urgent care and even closes on weekends and holidays and at night last I knew.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Sheridan VA is the state mental health hospital & they do very very little primary care & farm most of it out thru care in the community or sed you to Cheyenne or Denver & have a very limited "emergency room" that is more like a urgent care and even closes on weekends and holidays and at night last I knew.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. My wife is a nurse and I'm assuming we will have coverage with her work.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Spent a long independence day weekend in Sheridan. What a great little town! We didn't find anything for sale that wasn't way overpriced and needing tons of work, so we are thinking we will build.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Give J-Dan Builders a call when you get ready.  Ask for Lane.  High quality builders.
This is my Sis/BIL's house.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Give J-Dan Builders a call when you get ready.  Ask for Lane.  High quality builders.
This is my Sis/BIL's house.
View Quote

Looks pretty fancy, not sure we could afford them! I'll contact them this week. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy moly!
Great minds think alike.
We just missed you.

In Sheridan as I type this, didn't even know it was Rodeo weekend, but caught the parade this morning.
Love the vibe here.

Also coming from Washington, getting chased out after having been there 10 years.
Wife is also an RN.

Everything we've learned about Wyoming is really encouraging, promising.
Would love some trees, maybe closer to the Big Horns?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Holy moly!
Great minds think alike.
We just missed you.

In Sheridan as I type this, didn't even know it was Rodeo weekend, but caught the parade this morning.
Love the vibe here.

Also coming from Washington, getting chased out after having been there 10 years.
Wife is also an RN.

Everything we've learned about Wyoming is really encouraging, promising.
Would love some trees, maybe closer to the Big Horns?
View Quote

We would love some property, but are just trying to find anything. Have an offer on a house in a nice neighborhood. Where will your wife work?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We would love some property, but are just trying to find anything. Have an offer on a house in a nice neighborhood. Where will your wife work?
View Quote

She might not.
30 years of nursing, 18 in the ED and 12 in outpatient surgery has taken their toll.  She had a hip replacement at 40.
She's been doing pre op call work for the past year.  Just stopped her clinical work in December.
So it would have to be something non clinical.

We're on 5 acres in Snoho County North of Monroe.  Love our house and property, love the climate.The God damned Marxists are chasing us out.  Fuckers.

Sheridan is really cool.
We need to regroup in a friendly locale before the moon is in the 13th house.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We're on 5 acres in Snoho County North of Monroe.  Love our house and property, love the climate.The God damned Marxists are chasing us out.  Fuckers.
View Quote

We feel the same way. We just lost a house we put an offer on. Dang, it looked pretty cool. Buyer's inspection is on Wednesday, but their offer is not contingent on the inspection. We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We feel the same way. We just lost a house we put an offer on. Dang, it looked pretty cool. Buyer's inspection is on Wednesday, but their offer is not contingent on the inspection. We'll see.
View Quote

Good luck.

Went to the Big Horns today.  Beautiful.
Dayton and Ranchester are cool little towns.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

What kind of place did place did you bid on?  How high over asking are people offering up there?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What kind of place did place did you bid on?  How high over asking are people offering up there?
View Quote

It was a 2 bed, 2 bath with an unfinished basement in a neighborhood. We were 15k over asking. Not too worried about that part. We are getting a crazy high price for our place in WA.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Had our home inspection today. Hope the buyers are happy. We put an offer on a house last night and it was accepted today.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I was just told that Sheridan is now a progressive stronghold. Interesting, when we were there over the 4th, nobody in the airport was wearing a mask when we landed and I didn't see a mask the entire time I was there. Everybody I spoke to had a very conservative vibe. Sheridan memorial hospital offered my wife the best wage so that is where we decided to go. Gotta be better than the PNW.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was just told that Sheridan is now a progressive stronghold. Interesting, when we were there over the 4th, nobody in the airport was wearing a mask when we landed and I didn't see a mask the entire time I was there. Everybody I spoke to had a very conservative vibe. Sheridan memorial hospital offered my wife the best wage so that is where we decided to go. Gotta be better than the PNW.
View Quote

I didn't see a single mask in Wyoming last week.  Not the same experience in South Dakota during the same trip.
Was in Sheridan for the Wyo Rodeo.  People packed on the main street for the parade, not a single mask.  And I don't recall seeing rainbow flags either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally made it to Sheridan! Stuck in a hotel for a few days because the sellers ex husband wouldn't sign and the court had to force him. What a loser.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Congrats, good luck!
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#30]
How's things going for you in Sheridan?

I left Mount Vernon WA a year ago, it was the best descision I've ever made moving to Wyoming.

Hope you're enjoying it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How's things going for you in Sheridan?

I left Mount Vernon WA a year ago, it was the best descision I've ever made moving to Wyoming.

Hope you're enjoying it.
View Quote

Sorry, just saw this. I never get notifications from the forum!
We love it. I've never seen my daughter (8) so excited to go to school.
Wife's job is going well. I've met some nice folk and shot some 2 gun.
I'm so happy to be out of the left coast insanity!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I think you're allowed to change your listed home state here on ARF. Unless of course you're leaving it for some sort of nostalgic purpose. Change that state abbreviation! Be proud you got out
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think you're allowed to change your listed home state here on ARF. Unless of course you're leaving it for some sort of nostalgic purpose. Change that state abbreviation! Be proud you got out
View Quote

Didn't even notice. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Didn't even notice. Thanks.
View Quote

I did that shit the day I closed on my house
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this progressive BS true? Also, from Washington, and had been considering a move in ten or so years at retirement. I promise to vote the 'right' way, but I would hate to be surrounded by bleeding heart communists. I already get enough of that here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is this progressive BS true? Also, from Washington, and had been considering a move in ten or so years at retirement. I promise to vote the 'right' way, but I would hate to be surrounded by bleeding heart communists. I already get enough of that here.
View Quote

Now I'm going to tell you about the best kept secret of WY...the Wind River Valley. Look at Riverton/Lander. Best weather in the state...usually.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now I'm going to tell you about the best kept secret of WY...the Wind River Valley. Look at Riverton/Lander. Best weather in the state...usually.
View Quote

Ssh.  We're full.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:19:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Appreciate the reply on WY top secret places to live. As a Seattlite who used to live in a centrist state until it was overtaken by Californians, Chicagoans, and New Englanders, I also understand not wanting anyone moving in. But, I promise I'm different than them!

You see, we just need to raise property, sales, and income taxes to build affordable housing for all homeless and addicted Wyomians. Not to mention additional funding for only BIPOC and disenfranchised minority businesses (no white businesses, period). Also, light rail so that we can connect rural communities with big cities for easier access for those without access to affordable automobiles. Have I mentioned safe injection sites throughout the State? I kid, of course. But yeah, that's the kinda shit we're dealing with. Stomp on it hard the minute it rears its ugly F'ing head. Okay, rant off.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hasn't been my experience since I moved. Sure there are a few wackos with purple hair, and a few masks, but its a different universe compared to the west coast. Best thing I ever did was move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top