Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 9:46:40 PM EDT
Have a niece and nephew in the Kingston/Pembroke area and times are changing as their families grow. The old bedroom isn't going to be available for much longer.

Besides I don't want to be getting under foot as things with kids just seem to get busier and busier.

The hotel summer rates are going through the roof so I figured I'd check out the possibility of a BNB room for when I pass through.

Some people require a lot. I don't. Just a place to sleep out of the rain where I won't get rousted with a nightstick and arrested for vagrancy again.

Any recommendations? I really don't want to go much further north than Scituate and I am leery about going over the bridges over the Cape Cod Canal.

Plymouth would be perfect.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Pembroke and there’s not much for hotels in the immediate area. I’m not sure about the air B&B, I think it more of a city thing and haven’t heard of people doing it down here. I could be way off. There’s several hotels to check out, look into the Hotel1620. Also I’ve heard good things about the Hilton Garden Inn in Plymouth off exit 5. There is also the Beaumont by Wyndham right off exit 9 in Kingston which would put you right near your family.

Good luck with your search, if you have any other questions feel free to reach out.
Steve
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in Pembroke and there’s not much for hotels in the immediate area. I’m not sure about the air B&B, I think it more of a city thing and haven’t heard of people doing it down here. I could be way off. There’s several hotels to check out, look into the Hotel1620. Also I’ve heard good things about the Hilton Garden Inn in Plymouth off exit 5. There is also the Beaumont by Wyndham right off exit 9 in Kingston which would put you right near your family.

Good luck with your search, if you have any other questions feel free to reach out.
Steve
View Quote
Thanks for the effort but the truth is that $200/ night adds up fast over a week.

I have checked on the airbnb website and there seem to be a number of them in the area. I was wondering if anyone had any reports on any of them.

Incidentally in the FWIW department, if any of YOU guys would be interested in renting out a sleeping room for a reasonable rate I would rather put my money in their AR fund as opposed to some dipshit do-gooder hippie's pocket.

My niece and nephew both have growing families and the spare bedrooms are drying up fast and also they are busy and I don't want to get underfoot. I'm looking at possibly mid to late August...and later on at Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll ask around at work.

I know there are a couple hotels in Middleborough that cost $100/night but that's all I know off the top off my head
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top