Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2021 12:49:36 AM EDT
Hey y'all, I am planning on heading out to Cody in the first half of October this year with a couple of buddies. I am planning for the week of the 2nd-9th or 9th-16th. I know for sure I want to hit up the Buffalo Bill Center, Yellowstone, and Jackson Hole. As of right now, we are planning on flying into Billings on Saturday, picking up a rental car, driving into Cody, and driving back to Billings the following Saturday for the flight home. I also am feeling out the possibility of driving out there, but I am not sure if they will be up for a 24+ hour car ride.
I was planning on two days hiking in Yellowstone, one day hiking in Jackson Hole, and one or two days at the Buffalo Bill Center, with one or two days being for any other activities/attractions we come across. I was wondering if there was anything else worth checking out while we are out there, and what trails/areas of Jackson and Yellowstone are the go-to's. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on how long you take, you might need the second day at the museum.  Can be quite extensive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a quick, belated followup. We are still a go to fly out this weekend. We have decided to scratch Grand Teton/Jackson Hole due to the nearly 4 hour drive it’d be to get there. That just leaves the Wild Bill Museum and an overnight camping trip in Yellowstone as our planned main attractions. We’ll be staying in Powell, so trips into Cody won’t be take long.
The weather forecast looks like it’s going to be great- low/mid-70s in the day and sunny.
If there’s anything we should make a trip to or check out, let me know!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember,  each of those places require at minimum a full day to enjoy and probably more.

Also, don't pet the fluffy cows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top