Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2019 12:54:13 PM EDT
I will be there soon for a short vacation. I hope to get time to go shooting. Are there any places to shoot? I'm guessing Green Bay, but dont want to drive that far.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link for the whole state of Wisconsin.

One in Door County.

I drove by one about a year ago south of Fish Creek & I'm not sure that is the same one.  Anyway, the trick to shooting at that one is to go to the jewelry store in Fish Creek (Sorry, I don't remember the name of it.) and talk to the proprietor & he's an official with the club & he'll sell you a day pass.  At the time it was $10 but the website for the one above says $5 so I'm not sure if it's the same club.  Anyway, the jeweler is a real nice guy & enjoys discussing guns.  IIRC, he builds guns too.

The jewelry store is on the main street, Hwy 42, a little bit back off the road.  If you get to a Y in the road, going north, you've gone just a little too far.  Same thing if you get to the YMCA & the high school, you've gone just a little too far.

Good luck.  It looked like a nice range, but it'll be chilly at this time of year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m a local and frequent the Door County Rod and Gun range frequently. Nice facility, affordable and about 5 minutes east of Sturgeon Bay. Going to be a little wet and muddy with the snow melting today!
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the Door County Rod and Gun club open over Memorial Day weekend?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m a local and frequent the Door County Rod and Gun range frequently. Nice facility, affordable and about 5 minutes east of Sturgeon Bay. Going to be a little wet and muddy with the snow melting today!
View Quote
It's honestly a really nice range.  I stop by up there everytime I'm in Door.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the Door County Rod and Gun club open over Memorial Day weekend?
View Quote
Yes it is but that weekend is the start of our tourism season so to speak. If the weather is favorable, expect a crowd.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
We always camp up there over Memorial day.  The women folk like to shop.   I usually go hiking at one of the state parks.   I would rather shoot.  Now i know i can take my shotgun.  It will be more fun.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
They shop and you shoot. Fair trade in my book :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top